At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley, we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users with customizable features when they want it.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for designing and developing the overall interior appearance as well as parts and components for SF Motors’ new line of electric vehicles. Specifically, the job duties include:
- Research and analyze auto industry trends in overall packaging, dimension, materials and products using online and print resources and by attending auto shows and other events;
- Create design themes and concepts based on design trends and research. Produce and prepare design presentations and drawings for management review;
- Participate meetings with Management, Engineering, Marketing and Design Team to generate design criteria. Incorporate design criteria provided;
- Oversee the development of CAS 3D Digital model, provide guidance and direction to CAD modelers during the design development phase;
- Coordinate with color and trim designers to create a unified vision for the designs.
- Oversee the development of the 1/1 and scale models by clay sculpturing team and fabrication team. Oversee the development of detailed hard parts. Coordinate and communicate with Engineering and Manufacturing to meet styling and manufacturing requirements;
- Create high-quality "Publication Images" for use in Press Releases and Design Brochures using Photoshop, ALIAS Design Studio, and photographed images;
- Provide oversight, guidance and direction to vendors producing one-of-a-kind "Concept Vehicles" for auto shows worldwide.
Master’s degree in Transportation design, Industrial Design or related plus 3 years experience or related.
3303 Scott Blvd., Santa Clara, CA 95054
Please mail resume to:
SF Motors, Inc.
3303 Scott Blvd.
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.