At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Responsible for leading design review on CAD models of electric vehicle, mechanical systems and components, leading the release activities of design, development and validation for mechanical systems for electric vehicle. Specifically, the job duties include:
- Lead the design review on the Computer Aided Design (CAD) models of the vehicle, mechanical systems and components after receiving them from China Engineering Department and inspecting them, ensure their completeness and accuracy before releasing to US Manufacturing and Operations.
- Review the mechanical specifications for the design and assembly of the vehicle, systems and components with US Manufacturing Department, after receiving them from China Engineering Department and inspecting them, verify their completeness and accuracy before releasing to US Manufacturing and Operations.
- Lead the design review of all variations of Bills of Materials (BOM) such as Configuration BOM, Manufacturing BOM, Engineering BOM, and CAD BOM for completeness and accuracy before releasing to US Manufacturing and Operations.
- Support Manufacturing and Operations in the development of Manufacturing BOM and Process Build Documentations, release the completed information to China Engineering.
- Lead the release activities of the design, development, and validation for the mechanical systems, sub-systems and components for our EVs; ensure designs comply with Best Common Practices.
- Release the root cause analysis on components of our EV’s mechanical systems; optimize the functions of the systems and components.
- Provide cross-functional evaluation of alternatives to optimize the mechanical systems for our EVs.
Requirements: Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related plus 1 year experience or related.
Job Site: 5220 South State Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Please email resume to:
Candidates for positions with SF Motors must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.