Validation and Test Engineer
At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
SF Motors is currently hiring the best and brightest engineers to design, develop, and test the next generation of product, process, and equipment for Electric Powertrain Components. These components range from the electrical systems, to motors and drive units, and all the way to the battery and pack; with opportunities to become experts in unique technologies that are pushing the forefront of the Electric Vehicle and Battery Storage Industry. This is one of the most exciting opportunities out there, to help lead the building of state-of-the-art manufacturing in the United States and throughout the world. All of this, and the chance to get in on the ground floor of a new and exciting startup that is redefining the way electric vehicles should be developed and built.
The SF Motors Manufacturing Team is not a place for the faint-of-heart. (If the above doesn’t excite you, and the previous statement concerns you, you may want to close your browser now.) Expect long hours, challenging projects, and mind-blowingly fast schedules. At the same time, expect the freedom to shape your projects and deliverables, a supportive team of capable, collaborative, and dedicated engineers, the most advanced tools to help drive solutions, and overall rewarding experiences working on stimulating products while seeing your efforts lead to major company deliverables while helping to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable electric storage and transport.
Alongside supporting the development of product, process, and equipment, a Test Engineer at SF Motors will work closely with all supporting cross-functional teams from the products “cradle-to-grave” and will become industry experts in the product, the processes that enable the product to be manufactured, and the equipment that builds that product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define required testing from R&D through production of the product, process, and equipment
- Development of test systems for mechanical, electrical, and thermal components
- Understand, create, and expand test requirements for products
- Envision, design, develop, and fabricate test equipment
- Program, evaluate, test, and implement test systems
- Creation of validation test plans for product, process, and equipment
- Analyze test data, create analytical models, and share findings with the cross functional team
- Lead product validation efforts through in-house and external lab management
- Development of safety requirements including:
- Product safety requirements and test criteria
- Process safety requirements and test criteria
- Equipment safety requirements and test criteria
- Safety standards during design, prototype, and production manufacturing
- Incoming, In-Line, and Outgoing Inspection criteria development and implementation
- Development and implementation of traceability and quality tracking standards and practices.
- Process development for early concept and early prototype production through:
- Support design and manufacturing teams with experimentation (DOE, root cause analysis, etc) and development in design and manufacturing
- process release through detailed quality instructions, workstation and line layouts, product trials, and prototype quality management
- Experience based levels from Associate Engineer to Principle Engineer