Lab Technicianat SF Motors
At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley, we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users with customization features when they want it.
SF Motors E-Powertrain team has a need for a Lab Technician reporting to the Lab Manager to assist in managing the off-site labs located at Coronado and HQ.
Specific responsibilities for this job:
- Help Manage the lab requests and activities located at multiple sites.
- Interface with venders that are on-site to perform scheduled work.
- Input data on smartsheets for purchase request.
- Keep the Engineering Labs safe and insure that we follow the lab protocol for all the test equipment.
- Help with lab equipment calibration. Send equipment out for calibration when necessary.
- Assist in shipping and receiving duties, unload trucks (Forklift Cert Required)
- Clean, organize, and maintain the Garage, Car shop, Machine Shop, Engineering Labs at Coronado.
- Keep the labs and the shop well stocked of everyday used items and help keep an stock inventory of goods, tools, etc.
- Assist the shop team members is basic shop duties by helping in the fabrication, modification and building of our mule cares and prototypes.
- Help manage the activities of guest and SF Motors personnel that visit Coronado and the labs at HQ, insure that they have the training necessary to work with the tools and equipment.
- Maintain the SOP and other documentation for the char shop and labs.
- Be the POC (point of contact) as a facilities liaison and act (on the approval of the Lab Manager) when necessary.
- Comfortable with general office productivity (documents, presentations, spreadsheets)
- Comfortable with communication software (email, WeChat, Skype for Business), in-person conversations, and understanding which is appropriate based on task urgency and personnel availability.
- Comfortable with multiple spreadsheet management, email request and with multiple users from multiple roles.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Good in a lab environment and around cars in a shop environment.
- Familiar with working with hand tools, shop tools and high power machines.
- Ability to understand and follow processes, and be aware of the roles and responsibilities of each person involved in the process.
- Ability to assign relative priority of simultaneous tasks, based on input from teammates.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Smartsheet online tool.
- Good with inventory control and inventory tracking.
- (Nice to have) Familiarity with DocuSign online tool.
- This person does need some automotive experience.
- Some formal training is required. Forklift Certificate or training.
- Degree requirements are minimal (Tech Certificate, AS in Electronic Tech, etc.), though computer use skills may demand someone with a degree or relevant.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.