At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
This position is responsible for creating and developing components and system-level requirements and specifications for the Company’s electric powertrain system.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Create and develop components and system-level requirements and specifications for the Company’s electric powertrain system.
- Design mechanical components and interface of drivetrain systems for hybrid and electric vehicles (HEV/EV).
- Implement mechanical and thermal design and perform NVH analysis.
- Complete and release system, sub-system, and component designs in the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system.
- Develop experiment design of performance rating and reliability/durability testing.
- Create 3-D CAD layout for individual parts and assemblies.
- Produce 2-D drawings for production and support product specification development.
- Work with manufacturing team to create revisions and solve production problems.
- Perform tolerance stack-up analysis to ensure quality and functionality of the drivetrain systems.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or related field and two (2) years’ experience as a Mechanical Engineer, Automotive Engineer, Service Engineer or in a related engineering role. In lieu of a Master’s degree and two years, will accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or related field and four (4) years’ experience as a Mechanical Engineer, Automotive Engineer, Service Engineer or in a related engineering role;
- Experience with mechanical design for automotive and powertrain parts and systems;
- Experience with 3-D drawing software such as Catia, Solidworks or Onshape;
- Experience with vehicle and powertrain testing and validation; dyno test design, set up, build, data acquisition, troubleshoot, and operation; and
Experience with machinery operation and fabrication including CNC, Manual Lathe, Manual Mill, TIG welder, MIG welder and band saws.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.