At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
- Be responsible for procurement of Capital Equipment for in-house testing and manufacturing. The buyer is also responsible for sourcing, negotiating, and securing supply materials and engineering services.
- Develop and lead the sourcing and supplier selection process for capital equipment category to support manufacturing and operations goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement objectives and strategies that support the corporate capital spending plan.
- Design and implement a corporate-wide equipment review process.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams to find, assess, and select suppliers that will improve value to the organization and help attain targeted business results.
- Negotiate and implement appropriate contracts with suppliers.
- Good understanding of how to integrate basic elements of a statement of work (SOW) into the terms of a contract as well as negotiating both long-term and short-term engagements.
- Create purchase orders, place on-line orders, review proforma invoices, and process wire payments within a timely manner.
Skills and Experience Required:
- More than 3 years of experience in Procurement including significant time managing capital equipment sourcing and/or procurement.
- Experience with E-powertrain, Battery pack, battery cell lab equipment or manufacturing equipment are preferred.
- Effective management of capital buying projects within a manufacturing environment; RFP/RFQ, supplier selection, project execution, cost and timing management and project close activities.
- Excellent project management and cross-functional team leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level.
- Strong analytical, research, and negotiation skills.
- BA/BS Degree; MBA preferred. Degree in Supply Chain Management or Engineering is preferred. (automotive is a plus).
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.