At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As the Technical Project Manager in SF Motors’ Vehicle Integration team, you will be partnering with functional leaders to ensure smooth flow of Program Management activities for vehicle integration disciplines. Technical PM will be monitoring tasks and recommending improvements to processes and procedures. You will work closely together with the vehicle integration team to set up key milestones, timing requirements, and performance targets as well as tracking spending vs. budgets.
The role is initially required to be responsible for supporting the Vehicle Integration team and the Homologation Certification activities for electric vehicle programs. This person will be a part of the Product Development team and will report to the Manager - Homologations and Regulations.
The successful candidate for this position will have a broad technical background of automotive knowledge and demonstrated experience in an engineering role. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to coordinate and influence activities within and outside of SF Motors.
- Partner with the functional leaders to ensure timely communication and collaboration of the team on the assigned project with, engineering, purchasing, finance, manufacturing, and process development departments.
- Facilitate effective communications across functions with guidance from senior leadership team. Create and maintain all appropriate documentation.
- Monitor project plan, analyze resources, and make recommendations to ensure the successful completion of project milestones as established.
- Utilize and follow the product delivery process to coordinate all activities concerned with the completion of the project up to and including the launch of the assigned project.
- Develop and update the Vehicle Integration schedule of activities for the team.
- Participate in design reviews and design release approvals to assure program design is on track to meet US Certification requirements.
- Plan, monitor and expedite tests, documentation and certification reports.
- Work with internal SF Motors personnel, third party labs, consultants and regulatory bodies to drive US Certification approval activities on planned schedule.
- Manage third party agents in various countries as needed to work with regulatory bodies on behalf of SF Motors.
Up to 40% travel may be expected for this position
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Exposure to engineering design processes, individual program tracking, developing timelines, tracking costs, monitoring budgets and managing databases.
- Successful experience in managing cross functional teams
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and program management presentations
- Ability to plan and independently prioritize work.
- Demonstrated successful performance with independent problem solving and quantitative analysis skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully complete multiple tasks within established deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and globally as required to support vehicle integration activities
- Bilingual in English/Chinese (Mandarin) oral and written communication
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.