Perception Software Engineer, Autonomous Driving
at SF Motors (View all jobs)
At SF Motors, we're forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley, we're bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it's about keeping connected to provide users with customizable features when they want it.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop novel, accurate computer vision algorithms and advanced systems with a focus on real-time object tracking, SLAM, sensor fusion, visual odometry, camera/Lidar/radar calibration and 3D reconstruction.
- Research, develop and prototype advanced hardware and software technologies related to tracking, 3D reconstruction, photometric stereo, object detection and appearance modeling.
- Train machine learning and deep learning models on a computing cluster to perform visual recognition tasks, such as segmentation and detection.
- Develop state-of-the-art algorithms in one or all of the following areas: deep learning (convolutional neural networks), object detection/classification, tracking, intrinsic/extrinsic camera calibration, visual odometry, structure from motion, multi-sensor fusion, etc.
- Optimize deep neural networks and the associated preprocessing/post-processing code to run efficiently on an embedded device.
- Perform sensor fusion
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Computer Vision software technologies.
- Knowledge in computer vision fundamentals related to camera calibration, depth estimation, structure from motion, object detection, tracking, and SLAM techniques.
- Knowledge in ROS, and/or DDS, Linux kernel.
Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Image Processing, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and related fields.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.