At SF Motors, we're forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley, we're bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it's about keeping connected to provide users with customizable features when they want it.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop machine/deep learning solutions to hard problems involving real-world sensor data from camera and lidar.
- Develop cutting-edge machine/deep learning algorithms for various parts of the online system including perception, planning, and forecasting.
- Guide the development of these algorithms from prototype to production - including training on large-scale datasets, and deploying on a real-time robotic platform.
- Identify new areas (both online and offline) where machine/deep learning can leverage data to enhance performance.
- Design, build and maintain large-scale production machine/deep learning pipelines.
- Strong grasp of fundamentals: linear algebra, discrete and continuous optimization, supervised and unsupervised methods, generative and discriminative methods.
- Expertise in one or more focus areas: deep learning, online learning, sequential prediction, graphical models, structured prediction, sequential models, reinforcement learning, imitation learning, planning under uncertainty, Bayesian inference, model compression, multi-task learning, forecasting etc.
- Proven track record of experience in relevant areas (significant industry experience and/or publication record at top venues like ICML, AISTATS, NIPS or similar).
- Excellent software skills (C++/Python) required to train and evaluate state of the art algorithms on large datasets.
- Knowledge in ROS, and/or DDS, Linux kernel.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Robotics, Machine/Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and related fields.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.