Simulation Engineer, Autonomous Driving
at SF Motors (View all jobs)
At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley, we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users with customizable features when they want it.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain SIL/HIL system per development needs and validation requirements.
- Provide critical input to the architecture and implementation of simulation systems.
- Develop vehicle dynamics model and sensor behavior model under complex scenarios.
- Develop regression testing tools leveraging both empirical data and simulated scenarios.
- Collect test result and help root cause analysis.
- Prepare test reports and support validation process.
- Capable of developing sensor simulation models, including radar, camera, lidar or others.
- Familiar with systems engineering principles, hardware, and software design concepts
- Knowledge in ROS, and/or DDS, Linux kernel.
- The concept of functional safety ISO-26262.
- Knowledge of chassis electronics and ECU.
- Be creative to solve problems.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Show attention to detail and accuracy.
- S, M.S or Ph.D. in Electrical / Computer / Mechanical, or a related field of study
- 2+ years of hands-on working experience with software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop simulation
- Familiar with ADAS and autonomous driving system
- Familiar with Automotive ECU, electrical hardware, embedded software
- Familiar with automotive communication protocols (LIN, CAN/CAN FD, automotive Ethernet, etc.)
- Familiar with system (component and vehicle level) testing and validation experience
- Familiar with testing and validation tools (Vector, Intrepid, etc.)
- Knowledge and execution of requirement management tools (e.g. DOORS)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge in NI Labview, TestStand, VeriStand environment.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and related fields.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.