At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage the Design and manufacture of chassis structures and suspension
- Responsible for component DFMEA / DVP&R
- Coordinate with CAE for component analysis and refinement
- Work closely with suppliers for component Integration
- Responsible for Powertrain mounting systems
- Responsible for Chassis integration with Body & Styling
- Responsible for FMVSS requirements
- Utilize PDM (product data management).
- Create and check 3D parametric models, 3D assemblies, and 2D drawings for both the manufacturing and product design groups. Evaluate and create design ideas based on factors such as appearance, design-function relationships, serviceability, application, budget, price, production costs, methods of production, and packaging.
- Support design for manufacture (DFM) work that leads to the most efficient assembly standard.
- Develop concepts, details, sections, exploded views, … of vehicle and interior sub-assemblies and parts for manufacturing and engineering assessment and feedback.
- Prepare mathematical computations in accordance with manufacturing and engineering requirements.
- Utilize CAD analysis tools / CAD templates.
- Continuous improvement of one’s own knowledge to current standards (i.e. manufacturing standards, tolerance stack-up analysis, …).
- Internal program support and external supplier support.
- Cross functional department and company support…powertrain, electronics, intelligent driving, body and exterior, interior, manufacturing, suppliers, …
Required Education and Experience
- BS Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in designing and developing chassis structures and suspension.
- Familiarity with product data management (Teamcenter preferred).
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts and operations, including calculations, percentages, statistical analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals in Automotive industry.
- Experience in design and developing latest technology chassis components.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos, and write simple correspondence.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement of products for manufacturability.
- Strives to continuously improve expertise, knowledge and skills.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.