Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features when they want it.
We are seeking a Mechatronics Engineer to help create future interaction technology for in-vehicle infotainment and other systems for SF Motors. This position requires a strong understanding of the embedded electronics and software design process, a passion for concept generation, and the programming ability and technical savvy to bring novel ideas from conception to reality. It also requires a strong hands-on ability to create physical prototypes to conduct user research and evaluation of concepts.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with peers to create embedded hardware and firmware, and integration of new technology in a vehicle environment
• Create CAD designs, and build prototypes that require mechanical, electronic, and firmware design.
• Make sound firmware and software design decision to encourage code reuse
• Propose new applications and ideas for input and output devices for in-vehicle application
• Stay abreast of automotive electronics and infotainment technology
• Collaborate closely with designers and engineers from multiple disciplines
• Work together with functional owners, software developers, graphic designers, text translators and testers towards the implementation of infotainment system features.
• Work together with other project stakeholders such as Design, Research, Marketing and Quality to establish project goals, direction and reach decisions.
• Stay up to date with local market news and trends in User Interface design, technologies, and features that could be used inside and outside the car (attend auto shows, network with internal and external project partners).
• Support SF Motors processes for HMI (Human-Machine Interface) improvements and changes through which we strengthen and unite our voice with the SF Motors departments (Marketing, Product Planning, Quality, Product concept and Design departments)
• Strive for the localization of the local product, by proposing new features as well as changes and improvements to existing features.
• Domestic travel for meeting partners, conferences, and participation in demonstration shows
• International travel for meeting project partners, workshops
Required Education and Experience
• Excellent embedded electronics design skills
• Strong embedded system programming skills
• Mechanical design and design tools (i.e. Solidworks, CATIA, etc.) a plus
• Hands-on ability to machine and prototype complex electromechanical systems.
• Concept generation, brainstorming, ideation, iteration
• Previous experience in rapid prototype development
• Strong engineering fundamentals, and understanding of semiconductors, and sensors
• Proficient in firmware development, with real-time applications, dealing with timers, interrupt, digital filters, etc.
• Knowledge of communication protocols like Bluetooth, UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, Fleray, MOST, I2T, Ethernet, USB, Zigbee, etc.
• Familiarity with common software development practices in version control and testing
• Comfortable in a multi-disciplinary environment
• Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
• Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
• Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
• Integration – joining people, processes or systems
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• Resource management
• Knowledge of networking, such as wifi, TCP/IP, and zero-configuration network
• Fluent in embedded programing languages i.e. C++, C#, Java, etc.
• Solid experience with automotive electronic requirements and best practices, as well as commonly used buses and communication protocols.
• Automotive project management
• Enthusiasm for all things car-related
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.