At SF Motors, we're forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley, we're bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it's about keeping connected to provide users customizable features when they want it.
This position will be in charge of developing user interfaces and mobile application for our connected vehicle, starting from wireframes, storyboards, and design discussions for in-vehicle systems, and mobile applications to extend the user’s experience with our products beyond the car.
- Work closely with Interaction and UX designers, and implement graphical user interfaces from story boards, wireframes, and animation models.
- Help design the user interfaces that run on multiple platforms the infotainment system, as well as all other displays inside the vehicle, mobile devices, and relevant websites.
- Contribute expertise in front-end development to guide interaction designers to the best possible graphical user interface, considering animations, and system capabilities.
- Participate in accurate documentation of all software, and develop testing procedures to ensure performance and zero-bug systems
Some amount of travel is expected for this position if needed for business
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- Experience with front-end development tools (i.e. Qt)
- 3+ years of experience working with UI designers, and writing code from wireframes, and storyboards
- Proficient in software development revision and collaboration tools (i.e. Git, or equivalent)
- Experience with OpenGL, WebGL, 3D modeling, and motion generation.
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with automotive infotainment development process
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Product ideation focused on solving driving-oriented problems
- Understand the practical benefits and limitations of software development technologies
- Experience developing backend web services in C++ and Python preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience of developing an App from end-to-end
- Experience with embedded OS (i.e. Linux, QNX, Android)
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.