At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a Senior or Staff Firmware Engineer at SF Motors, you will help the development of the intelligent driving embedded system software. You will be responsible for delivering high quality embedded code from concept phase all the way to production. You will design and help to qualify production-ready software solutions for our intelligent driving system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help design and development software for an embedded system in the intelligent driving team.
- Help maintain tool chain and development process.
- Own feature level design and development.
- Help manage work of team.
- Maintain version control tools.
- Low level driver development, as well specialized application firmware development.
- Identify the root cause of component or vehicle issues and lead cross functional team to deliver the solution.
- Work closely with hardware team to integrate, test and qualify a complete system solution that will be compliant to ISO 26262 safety standard
- Up to 10% domestic and international travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, CE, EE, AI or a related field.
- Expert of C or C++, Python and production-ready Model-Based Design.
- Proven record of delivering mission critical systems in the automotive, industrial, medical or aerospace industries.
- Deep experience with low-level OS porting, bootloaders and OTA.
- Understand hardware and software co-design and maintainability.
- Deep experience in developing, testing and qualifying embedded system firmware for safety-critical applications in production environments, including knowledge of ISO 26262.
- MISRTA C.
- Deep experience with bus protocols and their device drivers for PCIe, Ethernet, CAN, etc.
- Experience with multi-threaded processing, multi-processor communication & synchronization, task scheduling and IEEE-1588 v2 timing standard
- Experience with runtime and memory usage, tools like VALGRIND.
- Experience with FPGAs and how to build their device drivers in an embedded system
- Experience with QNX, Linux or other embedded operating systems.
- 5+ years of professional firmware/software development experience highly preferred.
- Autonomous driving system experience highly preferred.
Automotive firmware development experience highly preferred.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.