At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a member of the Interiors Product Development Group, the Principal Engineer is responsible for the overall design and development of front and rear Seats. The Principal Engineer will be responsible for guiding and directing the Front Seat Engineer and Rear Seat Engineer with, status updates, timing, product content, BOM, material selection, mechanization concept, surface feasibility, and etc. This position will receive supervision from the Director of Interior Engineering.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee development of automotive seats from initial concept styling sketches through to production
- Responsible to project timing and cost of components and sub-assemblies of seats
- Responsible to facilitate internal Design reviews with engineers
- Work with engineers to confirm EBOM in PLM and Release parts
- Support supplier engineering and design review meetings (Compatibility reviews, DMA, Digital Buck)
- Interface with tooling and Manufacturing feasibility to resolve manufacturing issues and gain manufacturing signoff
- Check for product compliance on all components and assemblies as necessary
- Review CAD data with engineers to confirm completion
- DV/PV Testing completion (Write requests, follow the testing, Report results, etc.)
- Review proper material selection and Support the builds at the assembly plants
- Tolerance analysis for all parts, sub-assemble and assembles
- Tolerance review with engineers
- Assist engineering manager with day to day problem solving on assigned engineering projects
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Leadership skills with large and small groups/teams
- Program timing, budgeting and cost analysis
- Strong working knowledge of seat frames, mechanisms, plastic trim, heating, cooling, wiring, electrical components, foam, seat airbags, seat design techniques, and seat trim outline development
- Working knowledge of DFEMA, PFEMA, DVP&R
- Tooling for all seat components
- Manufacturing of all seat components
- Specialized knowledge
- Catia V5 revision 24 minimum
- GD&T ASME
- Microsoft Office products
- Dimensional analysis at all part runs through PPAP (includes data analysis, disposition, resolution)
- Minimum 15 years of experience working with seats complete and components
Preferred Education Skills
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineer
- Specialized knowledge of Catia V5 revision 24 and GD&T
- Fluent in Chinese
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.