At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The Chassis Electronics Engineer will perform chassis electronics systems development and integration. Responsible for system requirements, specifications, design, development, diagnostics and communication, verification, validation, and calibration etc. Ensure the vehicle level function and performance requirements are satisfied.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with related departments throughout the organization to determine vehicle level features for the major chassis electronics systems, including electronic controlled braking, active suspension, electric power steering, parking brake, and tire inflation monitoring etc.
- Develop chassis electronics systems requirements. Work with multiple suppliers to determine system functional specifications, diagnostics specifications, electromagnetic compatibility specifications, mechanical and packaging specifications, environmental specifications etc.
- Fulfill chassis electronics systems development and integration tasks. Work with multiple suppliers for system design, functional development and testing. Perform internal and external design reviews for prototype and production designs, models, and drawings. Identify and assess design and manufacturing risks.
- Determine and implement system architecture and communication network structure for the chassis electronics systems.
- Procure, integrate and manage prototyping, simulation and testing tools and Perform functional development, safety analysis and system FMEA. Develop verification and validation specifications. Develop test plans and perform system verification and validation. Perform malfunction investigation. Perform diagnostics and communication verifications. Produce engineering reports.
- Collaborate with purchasing team to make sure suppliers will deliver chassis electronics products to quality, cost and timing targets.
- Summarize the technical and development process status on a regular basis and report to management.
Required Education & Experience
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in chassis electronics systems design and test work.
- Strong grasp of electrical and control system fundamentals.
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical system development cycle and model-based development methodology.
- In-depth knowledge in electrical and control system prototyping, modeling, simulation, hardware-in-the-loop testing, and calibration etc. Experience in vehicle system diagnostics, verification, and validation.
- Working knowledge of AutoSAR, FMEA, and functional safety analysis.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink, C/C++ and other related software and tools.
- Experience with vehicle communication networks including LIN, CAN, CAN-FD, FlexRay, MOST, automotive Ethernet etc. Experience with communication and diagnostics software and tools.
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations and approvals.
- Strong verbal and written language skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Good teamwork and learning skills.
- Master degree and above preferred.
- 10 years of experience in automotive electronics related design and test work preferred.
Travel: Up to 25% travel is expected for this role.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.