At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The role is initially required to be responsible for Global Homologation Certification activities for electric vehicle programs and manage the team efforts to engage the US and international regulatory requirements in designs. This person will be a part of the Product Management team and will report to the Manager - Homologations and Regulations.
The successful candidate for this position must have a broad technical background of automotive regulatory requirements and demonstrated experience in a homologation role. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute requirement to coordinate and influence activities within and outside of SFEV.
- Develop and update the global homologation requirements for design team.
- Participate in design reviews and design release approvals to assure program design is on track to meet Global Certification requirements.
- Create and maintain timing plans for specific Certification activities, such as FMVSS, ECE (EEC) and GB.
- Develop test programs required to achieve type approval for new vehicles and parts all Global Certification and related markets.
- Plan, monitor and expedite tests, documentation and certification reports.
- Work with internal SFEV personnel, third party labs, consultants and regulatory bodies to drive Global Certification approval activities on planned schedule.
- Manage third party agents in various countries as needed to work with regulatory bodies on behalf of SFEV.
- BSEE/BSME or other related engineering degree, preferably M.S degree
- A minimum of 3 years of automotive homologation experience with at least 2 years in a direct Global Certification activity related roles.
- Experiences with FMVSS, ECE (EEC) and GB.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and globally as required to support homologation activities
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.