At SF Motors, we're forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we're bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it's about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
This position will be in charge of developing user interfaces starting from wireframes, story boards, and design discussions for in-vehicle systems, and mobile applications to extend the user’s experience with our products beyond the car.
- Work closely with Interaction and UX designers, and implement graphical user interfaces from story boards, wireframes, and animation models.
- Help design the user interfaces that run on the infotainment system, as well as all other displays inside the vehicle, mobile devices, and relevant websites.
- Contribute expertise in front end development to guide interaction designers to the best possible graphical user interface, considering animations, and system capabilities.
- Participate in accurate documentation of all software, and develop testing procedures to ensure performance and zero-bug systems
Up to 5% travel is expected for this position
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- Experience with front end development tools (i.e. Qt, Kanzi, EB Guide, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience working with UI designers, and writing code from wire frames, and story boards
- Proficient with software development revision and collaboration tools (i.e. Git, or equivalent)
- Experience with OpenGL, WebGL, 3D modeling, and motion generation.
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with automotive infotainment development process
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Experience with embedded OS (i.e. Linux, QNX, Andorid)
- Product ideation focused on solving driving-oriented problems
- Understand the practical benefits and limitations of software development technologies
- Excellent understanding of the North American automotive technology space preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience developing backend web services in C++ and Python preferred
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.