At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As an Engineer, HV Wiring System in Power Electronics with SF Motors, you will design, develop, and integrate wiring systems for Battery Electric Vehicle. Define system requirements and specifications. Design and release wiring harness assemblies and related components for e-powertrain high voltage system. Implement system integration, verification and testing to ensure vehicle and system level function and performance requirements are satisfied.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support related departments throughout the organization in determination of vehicle level features. Support determination of overall E/E and high voltage architecture requirements.
- Design and release wiring harness assemblies and related components for e-powertrain high voltage system. Implement connections of sensors, actuators, controllers, gateways/switches, power supply and ground etc. Ensure vehicle and system feature and function requirements are satisfied. Apply Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) standards and principles.
- Create wiring system CAD drawings. Define and implement multiple variants of wiring systems to accommodate various vehicle models.
- Develop verification and validation specifications and test plans. Carry out validation of released components in the vehicle and system environment. Work with domain engineers, engineering service companies and suppliers for system integration, verification and testing.
- Procure, integrate and manage prototyping parts. Collaborate with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks. Ensure suppliers to deliver products to quality, cost and timing targets.
- Summarize the technical and development process status on a regular basis and report to management.
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in automotive HV system related development work. Experience in wiring system design and release.
- Experienced in CAD tools. In-depth knowledge with wiring harness drawings and specifications for automotive applications.
- Experience with vehicle communication networks and power networks.
- Working knowledge of electrical, electronic and control system fundamentals.
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical system development cycle and model-based development methodology.
- Working knowledge of FMEA, DVP&R, and functional safety analysis
- Working knowledge of communication and diagnostics software and tools.
- Strong verbal and written language skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Good teamwork and learning skills.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.