At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
This position is responsible for the research, design, development and implementation of all colors, finishes and materials for SF Motors vehicles, exterior and interior.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support CMF Manager in developing all automotive color, finishes and materials at SF Motors, from concept to production
- Work cross-functionally with SF Motors development and marketing teams to create new and innovative color/material strategies for all SF Motors vehicles
- Work with external suppliers to implement new colors, finishes and materials through all phases of production development
- Prepare professional color and material proposals for SF Motors executive management reviews
- Research latest trends and innovations in automotive design as well as product, consumer electronics, fashion, architectural and other design fields
- Establish and maintain contact to leading automotive paint, finish and material/textile suppliers
- Grow and maintain a comprehensive, up-to-date internal library of colors, finishes and materials as used in automotive and other industries
Required Education and Experience
- Min. 3-5 years in an OEM automotive, transportation or product CMF design studio
- BS, BFA, MS or MFA in transportation design, textile design, or related design field
- Passion for design
- Creative and innovative approach to developing new finish and materials as well as combinations
- Excellent sense of color and materials harmony as well as ability to discern slight nuances
- Strong knowledge of current and future trends in automotive design, especially in the premium segment
- Good knowledge of consumer trends with regards to colors and materials used in lifestyle products
- Good understanding of production vehicle design practices, general vehicle development process, timing and product cycles
- Strong organizational, inter-personal, project management and presentational skills
- Professional, motivated and pro-active working attitude
- Ability to travel and work long hours
- Proficient PC skills, current Office 365 programs and Photoshop
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of identity and employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.