At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
This position is responsible for the research, design, development and implementation of all colors, finishes and materials for SF Motors vehicles, exterior and interior.
Duties and responsibilities
- Performs all automotive color, finishes and materials research at SF Motors
- Oversees development of innovative materials and finishes from concept through to production
- General management of CMF department activities and related personnel
- Responsible for project timing and budget of CMF department
- Works closely with SF Motors design, marketing, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers in cross-functional teams for implementation of colors and materials for production vehicles as well as concept properties
- Collaborates with SF Motors development teams to create new and innovative materials and color strategies
- Organizes and presents professional color and material proposals to SF Motors development groups and executive management
- Establishes and maintains contacts to leading automotive paint, finish and material/textile suppliers
- Stays current with latest trends in automotive design as well as consumer electronics, product, fashion, architectural and design fields
- Creates and maintains a comprehensive, up-to-date internal library of colors, finishes and materials as used in automotive and related industries
Required Education and Experience
- Min. 10 years experience in an OEM automotive CMF studio
- BS, BFA, MS or MFA in transportation and/or textile design
- CMF experience in other transportation, fashion and sportswear fields is beneficial
- Must have a passion for design
- Excellent sense of color and materials harmony as well as ability to discern slight nuances
- Strong knowledge of current and future trends in automotive design, especially in the premium segment
- Good understanding of production vehicle design practices, general vehicle development process, timing and product cycles
- Strong organizational, inter-personal, project management and presentational skills
- Pro-active, professional and motivated working attitude
- Ability to travel and work long hours
- Proficient PC skills, current Office 365 programs and Photoshop
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of identity and employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.