At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Manage effectively the Body Shop, Battery Shop and Stamping Shop Engineering Staff to ensure conformance with applicable standards. Using data from the quality metrics to solve problems that will strengthen the customers satisfaction. Promote and adhere to all practices set forth by SF Motors to improve the product. Lastly, they will promote and maintain a safe and respectful work environment.
Duties and responsibilities
• Create and maintain complete and accurate illustrated assembly instructions
• Subject matter expert for the Body Shop, Battery Shop and Stamping Shop for manufacturing processes and development
• Plan direct and coordinate manufacturing processes
• Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards
• Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and work flow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
• Manage Corrective and Preventive Actions including containment and rework as required
Ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2015
• Interface with design engineering and manufacturing to resolve issues
• Support manufacturing with solving hearty perennial issues using problem solving tools like Six Sigma, Red-X, 8-D, and 7 diamond processes
• Work with engineering to establish the correct set of Key Product Characteristics and Key Control Characteristics
• Plan and implement new model vehicle and part evolution
• Develop control plan based on the PFMEA
• Participation in the change management process
• Support containment and rework activities as required
• Create presentations that effectively communicate issues and resolutions
• Other tasks as assigned
• This position requires one to interact with production employees, supervisors, quality, engineering, suppliers, consultants, contractors and customers.
Some travel will be required, up to 30%, may include international travel
Office Environment along with manufacturing environment that requires necessary safety precautions be understood and adhered to. The work environment may also include visits to supplier facilities and other manufacturing environments.
This position requires one to work both alone, and as part of a team in an inside work area, while maintaining a regular work schedule.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to lift 10 to 25 pounds. The requirements include: a valid driver`s license.
Required Education and Experience
• BS in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience
• 3 – 5 years automotive manufacturing or quality experience.
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
• Good understanding of manufacturing quality systems
• Experience in automotive manufacturing
• Strong organizational, problem solving and customer service skills.
• Extreme accuracy in quality of work.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good understanding of SPC
• Proficient with Microsoft Office application.
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt a plus
• Experience in a team based environment.
• Understanding of GD&T preferred
• Ability to read drawings and interpret solid models to aide in resolving problems
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.