At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Manage the overall performance of the Paint Department in the EVAP facility. This would include Vehicle Production, Quality, Financials, People and Safety. Will ensure Paint Shop production coordinates with other areas of the Plant to guarantee overall Plant performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain Paint Shop procedures to support the goals of the organization
• Oversee progress of Paint Shop projects and initiatives to successful completion
• Implement and track Capital Spending Projects
• Provide effective leadership and guidance that encourages world class quality, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing
• Responsible for meeting budget requirements and initiating cost improvements
• Establish and maintain key performance indicators
• Collaborate with Plant Management to develop and support short and long-term strategies for Plant performance
Required Education and Experience
• BS in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience
• 10 years of experience in industrial painting technology
• 5 years management experience
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
• Good understanding of manufacturing quality systems
• Experience in automotive manufacturing
• Strong organizational, problem solving and customer service skills
• Extreme accuracy in quality of work
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• New product launch experience
• Good understanding of SPC
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt a plus
• Experience in a team based environment a plus
• Understanding of GD&T a plus
• Ability to read drawings and interpret solid models to aide in resolving problems preferred
• Program Management a plus
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.