At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The Quality Engineer - Dimensional, will work within the EVAP-SF Motors team under the Quality Group supporting the production line in Body Shop and General Assembly. This position will report to the Quality Engineering Manager and perform dimensional related activities in support of the Dimensional Control Plan. Promote and adhere to all practices set forth by SF Motors to improve the product. Lastly, they will promote and maintain a safe and respectful work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- • Subject matter expert for dimensional technical specifications
• Ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2015 standards
• Interface with design engineering and manufacturing to resolve issues
• Support manufacturing with problem solving utilizing dimensional measurements and tools like Six Sigma, Red-X, & 8-D
• Assist Engineering with development of datum strategies, dimensional measurement point coordination and Key Product Characteristic Development
• Has ownership of activities within the metrology area as it relates to gages/equipment maintenance, monitoring, and reliability; this includes preventative and corrective maintenance.
• Manage the execution of Dimensional Control Plan with accuracy and on time, maintain required logs and records
• Read drawings and interpret solid models that aid in resolving problems
• Develop a CMM process to support manufacturing and quality for routine and non-routine measurement checks on parts and subassemblies
• Participation in the change management process
• Apply engineering principles & analytical techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and products to ensure customer satisfaction is exceeded
• Create presentations and reports that effectively communicate issues
• Other tasks as assigned
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology, Engineering or related fields or 1-5 years of experience in Dimensional and Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
• Proficiency in understanding GD&T principles applicable to part inspection and CMM programming
• Knowledge of 3D CAD data manipulation
• Strong organizational, problem solving and customer service skills.
• Extreme accuracy in quality of work.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good understanding of Statistical Process Control and Measurement Systems Analysis
• Proficiency in MS Windows, Excel, Word, & Outlook
• Candidate must be self-motivated to learn job skills beyond basic training
• Prior experience with Polyworks Inspector a plus
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt a plus
• Experience in a team based environment a plus
• Strong understanding of CMM and other related measure systems including FARO arms or Laser Scanning technologies preferred
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.