At SF Motors, we're forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we're bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it's about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, team player that is seeking an opportunity to grow their knowledge and skills in battery science/engineering in an entry-level role. The hire will gain experience in the characterization and design of current and future cell technologies for the electric vehicle market. If you have a vivid imagination and want to use it to create solutions for the EV industry’s most challenging problems this role is for you!
Required Education and Experience
- MS or higher degree in Chemical, Material, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Electrochemistry with 0-1 years of industry experience
- Basic understanding of electrochemical systems and the fundamentals of how Lithium-ion cells work is required
- Familiarity with cylindrical cell designs and components is desired
- Prior experience with lab-scale lithium-ion cell assembly and processing techniques (i.e. coating, calendering, punching, crimping, beading)
- Hands-on experience in using multiple characterization techniques for analyzing battery materials (i.e X-ray computed tomography, cross-sectional analyses, IR, SEM/EDS, XPS, Raman, and NMR
- Knowledge of common failure modes in Lithium-ion cells, and techniques to determine/analyze them
- Experience with CAD software preferred (CATIA, Solidworks)
- Skills in prototyping custom parts using machining equipment (i.e. mill, lathe) and/or 3-D printing are a plus
- Understanding of electrochemical characterization techniques (e.g. AC impedance, SOH analysis, charge acceptance, cycle life etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication, teamwork and project management skills
- Attention to details, ability to work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.