At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer in Battery Systems with SF Motors, you will be responsible for design and development of battery system electrical components. You will work with mechanical engineers and firmware engineers at a very high level of collaboration. This role will develop leading-edge technologies for EVs planned for mass production by SF Motors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and development of contactor, current sensors, and busbars for battery system components.
- Lead engineering team from specification to design, prototyping and manufacturing.
- Select and design circuit topology, components and circuit board layout.
- Develop control algorithms, prototyping, testing and validating electrical components.
- Contribute to vehicle level integrations including thermal, thermal and high voltage electrical interfaces.
- Firmware development for battery systems.
- Take part in the requirement development for battery component and systems.
- Collaborate with the manufacturing team to develop mass production processes.
- Build and manage a strong business relationship with suppliers.
- Lead test plan development, issue resolution, and lab and in-vehicle testing of battery systems.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- BS, MS or PhD in EE, ME or a related field.
- Solid background in battery systems and embedded control systems.
- Design and validation experience with AC/DC, DC/DC, and DC/AC converters.
- Hands-on experience with magnetic design and EMC/EMI issues.
- Deep understanding of power semiconductor devices, IGBT and MOSFET switching characteristic, loss and thermal modeling and analysis.
- Experience with working in electronics lab environment and equipment.
- Experience in PCB design, schematic capture and layout.
- Experience in modeling and control of power converters.
- Embedded control programming experience.
- Deep understanding of system level thermal, high voltage integration and efficiency optimization.
- Familiar with product development processes from design to production, including DFMEA.
- 5+ years of electrical engineering and circuit design in automotive industry.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment authorization will be required at the time of hire.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.