At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a Senior Battery Test Engineer at SF Motors, you will be responsible for testing and validation of our high voltage battery pack system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble, test and validate the complete battery pack for safety, reliability and performance
- Conduct, analyze, and present summary of test results to team leads/management
- Create database of test requirements from industry best practice and regulatory validation testing for EV battery packs
- Define battery pack test request work flow process
- Create templates for test reports and maintain repository for test reports in PLM
- Collaborate closely to define test requirements with design team for design verification
- Develop new tests for improving safety, reliability and performance in SFM battery pack design
- Work closely with test houses and vendors to coordinate and conduct tests
- Ensure lab environment is kept organized and testing is conducted safely
- 10% travel, occasional travel to China
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree or higher in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering (or specialized in battery)
- Resourceful and responsive; able to conduct testing safely within tight timelines
- Knowledgeable about EV standards and regulatory testing requirements/pass fail criteria
- Hands on module, pack assembly and system integration
- Battery pack testing equipment bring-up and calibration (cyclers, thermal chambers, DAQ)
- Testing and verifying LV harnesses and BDU (e.g contactor, fuses)
- Test definition, test set-up and schedule writing (Arbin, Aerovironment, Thermotron)
- Expert in data analysis and communicating meaningful results through report and presentation
- Experienced debugging and testing BMS master and slave boards (experience using CANalyzer/CANoe is a plus)
Candidates for positions with SF Motors must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; TN visa holders may be considered.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.