At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
As a Senior PCB Design Engineer at SF Motors, you will be responsible for the entire design flow from schematic capture to functional testing of all BMS hardware. You will be collaborating heavily with the electrical engineering team to translate BMS electrical schematics into a physical board layout that meets the dimensions and connector specifications as defined by the mechanical engineering team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Schematic capture
- Library development & maintenance
- EMI testing
- Collaborate with the mechanical and electrical engineers to define PCB design requirements
- Ensure PCB components are automotive compliance and meets functional safety requirements
- Qualify and select PCB fabrication houses and develop strong vendor relationship
- Perform incoming quality checks and final acceptance testing of outsourced boards
- Define requirements and design end of line test for BMS hardware
- Less than 5% travel domestic, occasional travel to China
Required Education and Experience
- BS degree or higher in computer electronics, electrical engineering
- >3 years in PCB design (automotive experience is a plus)
- Expert in translating electrical schematics into a physical board layout (BMS experience is a plus)
- Experience in EMI testing/functional testing of boards (firmware experience is a plus)
- Highly proficient in board design/layout and component selection
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment
- Extremely responsive and experienced building strong vendor relationships
Candidates for positions with SF Motors must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; TN visa holders may be considered.
SF Motors is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.