At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Support the overall manufacturing process through coordination of PLC programming, integration, troubleshooting, design and maintenance of semi-complex systems that integrate hardware and software.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead controls and software including design, integration, debug, run-off, and acceptance
• Responsible for quotes and determination of proper hardware and software from vendors.
• Participate in recommending ideas related to productivity improvement, cost reduction, and improvement in customer satisfaction.
• Identify and resolve throughput and quality issues related to robotic and conveyance controls.
• Design and maintain semi-complex systems that integrate hardware and software.
• Write code to control machine motion per requirements
• Problem solving and solution recommendation
• Provide engineering support to all departments (Body, GA, Paint)
• Support the testing and installation of equipment
• Provide feedback and support on SF Motors’ process and standards for continuous improvement
• Provide support to the production floor and maintenance department
• Assist in the development and maintenance of SF Motors’ standards
• Follow safe work practices
• Recommend and implement best practices to increase efficiency and reduce costs
• Communicate openly, share knowledge, build positive collaboration between departments and team members
• Support and contribute to department and company metrics
• Be actively engaged in continuous improvement projects and culture
• Must work safely & ensure that equipment programming is as safe as possible
• Must be willing to work as a team
• Must interact with other team members, salary & hourly, daily and do this in a manner that promotes respect for the individual.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be highly motivated, efficient, organized, self-starting, and willing to demonstrate the price of quality workmanship.
• Must be able to work in a Lean Manufacturing environment
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
• 5+ years manufacturing or quality engineering experience.
• Automotive Manufacturing
• Knowledge of electrical and electronic components, pneumatics, and hydraulics systems
• Knowledge of programming practices
• Knowledge of motion and timing
• Mechanical, controls, and electrical system knowledge
• Experience or training with PC’s servos, and programming PLC’s
• Previous experience with Rockwell/Allen Bradley products preferred
• Ability to visualize concepts
• Ability to accept assignment broad in nature & work under minimal supervision
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, including presentation skills
• Ability to apply statistical tools to get to the root cause
• Ability to work independently and execute a plan
• Strong organizational, problem solving and customer service skills.
• Extreme accuracy in quality of work.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Programs.