Position: Performance Science Assistant
Department: Baseball Operations
Location: San Francisco
The San Francisco Giants Baseball Club is seeking a Performance Science Assistant. This position offers a unique opportunity to apply performance science and analytics to improve the performance and well-being of players across the Giants organization. As a Performance Science Assistant, you will maintain high scientific rigor and adapt it to an applied sport setting. You are expected to work independently and cross-functionally across the Baseball Operations Department. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills, critical thinking, interdisciplinary knowledge in human performance, and the ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Assist with compilation and interpretation of biomechanics reports to multiple stakeholders.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses that focus on human performance in the game of baseball.
- Effectively communicate with players, coaches, and staff to ensure high quality support and service.
- Develop novel analytical approaches for evaluating and identifying baseball talent.
- Analyze Giants’ biomechanics data sets to better identify markers of health, injury, and performance.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in baseball or passion for the game of baseball required.
- Advanced degree (PhD or MS with a minimum of 1 year working experience) in biomechanics, sports/exercise science, neuroscience, kinesiology, or related field required.
- Proficiency in statistical modeling, data visualization, and data interpretation pertinent to human movement required.
- Proficiency in programming languages (Python, R, or others) and relational databases (SQL) preferred.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with a diverse team across the
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional group.
- Experience in experimental design and protocol implementation preferred.
- Experience with biomechanics technology, g. motion capture, force platforms, IMUs, EMG, preferred.
At the Giants, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition or disability, genetic condition, marital status, domestic partnership status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status and any other protected class under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. In addition, we will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.
Deadline to apply is 12/18/2022