Job Title: Command Center Operator
Hours: 40 hours per week (flex shifts: Day and Swing shift)
The Command Center Operator will play an essential role in overseeing the day-to-day security of Oracle Ballpark. Serving as an extension of the San Francisco Giants’ Security team, the Command Center Operator will monitor and operate the security cameras and associated equipment in the Command Center (i.e. the Control Room). This role will ensure that incidents are immediately reported to the appropriate party or relevant agency and will proactively identify issues, when possible. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and is able to handle sensitive, and sometimes confidential, information.
- Monitor and operate the security cameras and associated equipment in the Command Center.
- Control length of breaks, report absences, call-offs and tardiness, deploy guards, request cleanup, repair, response to events.
- Report incidents to the appropriate party, agency and Security Management Team.
- Document and maintain records of incidents using the incident reporting software.
- Review daily all logs and incident reports, and pass on to the Security Supervisor any unusual occurrences, disciplinary issues, call offs, or missing documentation. Follow up as directed by Security Management and brief the on-coming shift.
- Assist in researching past incidents by helping compile requested footage.
- Conduct regular inspections of the ballpark.
- Write reports; report malfunctions, misconduct or operational and safety issues.
- Log all activity, movement, and repairs in appropriate log ensuring all incidents are accurately documented.
- Assist with the development and implementation of public safety plans for day to day operations and special events.
- Follow and adhere to policies and procedures needed to maintain security within and around the ballpark.
- Monitor entry and access points for the venue. Ensure all guests and employees have appropriate access to be in each specific area.
- Assure property is secure and that no damage occurs due to visitor negligence or vandalism.
- Dispatch security personnel to emergency and non-emergency calls for service.
- Process and record emergency and routine calls.
- Answer incoming phone calls, operate a computer dispatch system, and monitor alarm systems.
- Visually monitor extensive CCTV system.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of judgement while evaluating emergency and non-emergency situations and the ability to make split and impactful decisions.
- Communicate with security/police agencies to coordinate emergency, non-emergency, information in real-time.
- Demonstrate the ability to operate a two-way radio base station system and telephone equipment.
- Ability to use proper security terminology to disseminate/receive information.
- Demonstrate the ability to practice and adhere to Oracle ballpark practices to all clientele.
- Knowledge of CCTV systems established protocol/operations of all equipment including tracking maintenance needs of cameras and servers.
- Ability to learn camera locations and positions and understand the difference of PTZs vs Fixed. Monitor suspect(s) movement for in-progress investigations and all recent activity.
- Ability to work with and learn new computer systems, especially systems that involve access and visitor management and video management systems.
- Charge all in-coming equipment:(i.e. radios, scanners, wands). Inspect equipment upon return.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. (BA/BS Preferred)
- Minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience. (Security, Military, Law Enforcement, Customer Service)
- Must possess a valid California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) Security Guard License.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Complete a 60 day probationary period as defined in the department CBA.
- Ability to communicate in a detailed, yet concise, manner. Excellent organizational, leadership, and time management skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- CPR and AED certification.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and consider applicants for all positions regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition or disability, genetic condition, marital status, domestic partnership status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status and any other protected class under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.