Junior Giants Ambassador
Junior Giants, the flagship program of the Giants Community Fund, is a free, noncompetitive and innovative baseball program for over 24,000 underserved boys and girls ages 5-18 years old. Junior Giants focuses on the Four Bases of Character Development -- Confidence, Integrity, Leadership and Teamwork -- and offers programs in Health, Education, and Bullying Prevention.
The Giants Community Fund, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is looking for Ambassadors to serve as liaisons between the Fund’s office in San Francisco and Junior Giants leagues located in targeted regions throughout California, Nevada and Oregon. Ambassadors work directly with their respective league organizer to ensure a high quality program is being delivered to the community. Ambassadors will be asked to work with the local agencies that host Junior Giants to implement the program and support the day-to-day operations. Ambassadors also assist with various league-level special events (orientation meetings, game days, practices, etc.) and select special events at AT&T Park (Buster Posey Glove Giveaway, Junior Giants Festival, Junior Giants Day) and regional events in Sacramento, San Jose and Fresno. At the end of the season, Ambassadors will serve as research assistants to collect data from parents and coaches (surveys) and participants (interviews). Four Junior Giants staff members in our San Francisco office will manage and oversee Ambassadors in their assigned regions. Ambassadors are required to report on a weekly basis to each respective Coordinator/Manager. This is a paid position.
Junior Giants leagues are located throughout California (Northern/Central) and into Western Nevada and Southern Oregon. Ambassadors will be asked to choose 3 locations they are available to work when completing the online portion of the application.
- Current college student or recent college graduate.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to interact with diverse populations and age groups
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities
- Transportation to league sites in targeted region
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Must be available:
- Mid-May/early June to mid-August with a flexible schedule to work selected weekdays, but primarily weeknights and weekend days. Exact schedules and game times vary by league. Expected 10-20 hours per week.
- Selected applicants will be required to attend an interview at AT&T Park in January/February/March. Upon passing a background check and acceptance into the Ambassador program, a required Ambassador Orientation will be held in May at AT&T Park.
To apply, applicants must submit their resume/cover letter and complete the online application by clicking here
Deadline to apply is March 25, 2019