About the Role:
By applying to this position you have an incredible opportunity to make an impact within a growing FinTech company. As a Senior Software Engineer with Internal Operations, you will be responsible for solving problems encountered by our teams every day, empowering them to help our customers and merchants more effectively. You will work with a highly-motivated team to tackle interesting and challenging problems across multiple areas of the organization.
In this role, you will work closely with stakeholders from Product, Shopper Support, Merchant Support, and Revenue. You’ll also partner with other engineering teams, all with the goal of providing high-quality, scalable, and innovative solutions to internal problems. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include code contributions, as well as designing, developing, and delivering new features.
Your contributions will make a meaningful difference in the day-to-day lives of your peers at Sezzle, enhancing their ability to support our business and customers.
- Design software applications and features in Golang and React.
- Help build out a distributed architecture, and create solutions that work within it, maintaining consistency while scaling highly.
- Coordinate with product, data, revenue and other company stakeholders to design market winning products.
- Develop and collect metrics to drive continuous improvement of existing products.
- Add testing and reporting features as you go to deliver high quality, easily maintainable software.
- Implement these solutions quickly and efficiently, leading the way by demonstrating good coding practices.
- As needed, take charge of small developer teams, leading and mentoring junior developers and providing meaningful code reviews.
- At least 3 years of full-stack software engineering experience.
- Experience with building and serving REST APIs using Go, Java or a similar language.
- Experience working in a distributed, cloud-based architecture, with tools like Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS, Google Cloud Pub/Sub.
- BS in Computer Science or similar degree, or equivalent work experience.
Ideal Skills & Experience (the more the better)
Comment start Experience with SQL based RDMS through an ORM tool.
Comfortable using observability platforms like Prometheus, or vendor solutions like NewRelic or Datadog to instrument your code for production monitoring and alerting.
- DevOps experience with CI/CD pipeline
Deployment experience with Kubernetes, containerization in general, and cloud computing platforms like AWS
Demonstrated history of delivering commercial APIs and web applications
- Experience with React web apps, bonus if you’re familiar with Redux!
- A clear record of getting products to market and prioritizing solutions and improvements based on stakeholder/customer feedback.
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and RSUs
- Generous paid time off, sick time and volunteer hours
- Life, STD/LTD, medical, dental and vision insurance
- Highly discounted LifeTime gym membership
- Work From Home stipend
- 401k with impressive employer match
- Remote first work with the option of a collaborative office space in Minneapolis
- The opportunity to work alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.