About the Role:
Sezzle has an incredible opportunity to make an impact within a growing FinTech company. As a Software Engineer II with Merchant Product, you will be responsible for solving our merchants’ most challenging problems along with a highly-motivated team.
In this role, you will work closely with other engineers across the Payments, Risk, and Finance teams to provide high-quality, scalable, and innovative products. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include code contributions, as well as designing, developing, and delivering new features.
Your contributions will make a meaningful difference with our merchants, enhancing their ability to leverage Sezzle’s product, and grow their own businesses.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom, and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Build, Own and Maintain new innovative product features, actively learning new areas of the product/business
- Engage in design/architecture discussions, and share your ideas while building the next generation of features for the Sezzle platform
- Hands-on with our codebase and deeply involved in code reviews
- Make every millisecond of response time count by architecting highly available, great performing, and super secure software that scales to millions of people
- Continuously integrate clean, scalable, robust, testable code
- Can take a partially-defined task, and work with team and stakeholders to design the solution, estimate the effort, and produce the desired result.
- 2+ years of relevant development experience
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Bachelor's in computer science (preferred) or equivalent related experience
- Top notch programming skills in OOP programming languages such as Go (preferred), Python, Java, etc.
- Proficiency with modern Frontend Development, with React experience preferred
- Strong understanding of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Significant experience in developing web applications at enterprise scale
- Experience with Go, and React, and writing effective test cases for both
- Familiar with the principles and design of RESTful APIs
- Strong understanding of Microservice Architecture
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology, and release processes
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- Ownership. You aren’t afraid to take on new responsibilities and you act like an owner in everything you do.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and RSUs
- Generous paid time off, sick time and volunteer hours
- Life, STD/LTD, medical, dental and vision insurance
- Highly discounted LifeTime gym membership
- Work From Home stipend
- 401k with impressive employer match
- Remote first work with the option of a collaborative office space in Minneapolis
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.