About the Role:
Sezzle is looking for an experienced, detail oriented, and deeply collaborative product management intern, who can work closely with different stakeholders, designers, and engineers to help build new features and products, based on business goals and KPIs and deliver great experience to our users.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom, and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
- Conduct primary and secondary research to determine competitive benchmarking market trends, and understand Sezzle’s strategic and competitive position.
- Develop product roadmaps and work with cross-functional teams (different business, development, and data)
- Analyze current customer experiences to define friction points and create seamless experiences
- Define detailed product requirements, scope, measure features to iterate and learn
- Drive product development building end to end solutions with engineers and designers
- Sezzle internships are up to 30 hours a week (no more). We want you to have an amazing internship experience and learn new things, but also enjoy student life!
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or related field with at least 2 years of coursework completed (Junior)
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies to understand customers, ability to explore and structure customers’ insights
Ideal Skills & Experience
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills
- Ability to translate product needs to technology
- Ability to build relationships and communicate clearly with both business and technology partners.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects/priorities.
- Ability to own and deliver work independently and also to work within a team.
- A+ character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It’s early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life’s too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people that are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Remote work
- Sick + Safe Time Off
- Impactful and meaningful work projects
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.