At Turbonomic, we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. We will honor your experiences, perspectives, and exceptional identity. We believe that uniqueness enriches all of us by showing us a range of ways to understand and engage with the world.
Who We Are:
We work to deliver best-in-class software so that our customers can assure application performance and empower their people to focus on growing their businesses through innovation. Turbonomic created Application Resource Management (ARM) to assure customers’ application performance by eliminating infrastructure resource congestion across hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
In 2019 Turbonomic acquired SevOne, the leading provider of network management solutions for optimal network visibility and performance (NPM). The combined entity delivers customers better data, analytics, and decisions to comprehensively and continuously assure application performance. The powerful combination of Turbonomic’s Application Resource Management, SevOne’s leading Network Management Solution, and ParkMyCloud’s best-in-class resource scheduling ensures that Turbonomic is well-positioned to build the future of application performance.
The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Life Cycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, competitive differentiation, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
What You'll be Doing:
- Analyze, define, and document market driven product requirements
- Perform market analysis to ensure product maintains a competitive advantage and distinct competence
- Gather and prioritize product and customer requirements
- Write User Stories including acceptance criteria
- Prioritize product requirements in alignment with Customer/Market needs and market window
- Collaborate with other product managers to clarify use cases, define requirements, and prioritize user stories across product backlogs.
- Groom Product Backlog and decompose stories with Engineering team to prepare to commit release(s)
- Answer questions from developers to clarify user stories
- Attend scrum meetings including standups, retrospectives, and demos.
- Oversee product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle.
- Work closely with cross functional teams: Development, Architecture, Product Design, Strategy, Release management, Quality Assurance, Documentation, Support, Sales and Professional Services to deliver customer outcomes.
- Review documentation and releases note for accuracy.
- Demonstrate the latest iterations to customers (pre-release) and gather feedback.
- Work closely with Marketing to amplify the product value to target markets and channels
What Will You Bring:
At Turbonomic, we are always looking for bright, passionate, and hard-working people who want to grow and develop with the company.
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in business, computer science, or related field
- 3+ years previous experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner or experience as, Technical Marketer, Professional Services Engineer or Pre-Sales Engineer experience in a related field, with a solid understanding of Product Management disciplines.
- Experience with IT Performance Management tools and the customer ecosystem they integrate and operate.
- Understanding of virtual infrastructure, cloud technology and/or software defined networking
- In-depth understanding of Agile product development methodologies
- Solid understanding of Streaming Telemetry
- Experienced with Security concepts for on premise Software Products and SaaS Services
- Experience with Capacity Planning and Service-Level Management
- Experience working with large Enterprise organizations and/or Communications Services Provider CSPs, or Managed Services Providers (MSPs)
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Solid understanding of the product life cycle and software development process
- Understanding of industry standards and best practices
- Proficient user of Backlog Management tools (Jira, Rally, etc…) Candidate with experience using Jira is a plus.
- Comfortable working with multiple teams, in-house and remote
- Confident in preparing for and handling challenging business discussions
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage – health is a #1 priority for us, we’ve got you covered.
Unlimited paid time off – flexibility boosts creativity and performance… work-life balance is important.
Pre-tax benefits – medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
Access to executives – we have a no-door policy, learn and collaborate with execs.
Beer Fridays, unlimited snacks, cold brew coffee on tap – physiological needs, check.
Game rooms, quiet areas and more – play a round of billiards, table tennis or grab a quiet space to focus
Career advancement – jump in, learn, grow and shape your career
Why Choose Turbo:
Turbonomic was recently named to the Inc. 5000 List of fastest growing private companies for the fifth time, and the Forbes Cloud 100 for the fourth time. We have also been named to Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators List, a testament to our people, culture, and technology. To scale our growth, we’ve locked in partnerships with Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, AWS, and DXC.
Our Company Culture:
Our company culture enables a workplace that values trust, transparency, and performance. This is emulated through our employees, who approach each day with a sense of fearlessness, collaboration, and curiosity. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers page, blog, or connect with Turbonomic via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) efforts are a strategic imperative in driving the future of our business. DEI is directly linked to our ability to innovate and collaborate effectively to bring the best products to market. We welcome and embrace diverse thoughts, experiences, and ideas. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to who we are, and we know it has a positive effect on our success. We have committed to two Parity Pledges: One for Women in Leadership Positions; and one in Support of People of Color.
We measure our work culture regularly to ensure that Turbonomic is a place where all our employees are respected and valued for who they are. DEI is not a “special initiative”, but a central element of our strategy.
Across the Turbonomic enterprise we encourage you to bring your uniqueness. Whether it is through our Community Outreach program, joining an Employee Resource Group, or participating in our Sustainability initiatives, if you have a passion for pushing the limit and are eager to make a difference, Turbo is the place for you.
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t check every single one of the boxes listed above!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.