Product UX/UI Designer
At Turbonomic, we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. We will honor your experiences, perspectives, and exceptional identity. We believe that uniqueness enriches all of us by showing us a range of ways to understand and engage with the world.
Who We Are:
We work to deliver best-in-class software so that our customers can assure application performance and empower their people to focus on growing their businesses through innovation. Turbonomic created Application Resource Management (ARM) to assure customers’ application performance by eliminating infrastructure resource congestion across hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
In 2019 Turbonomic acquired SevOne, the leading provider of network management solutions for optimal network visibility and performance (NPM). The combined entity delivers customers better data, analytics, and decisions to comprehensively and continuously assure application performance. The powerful combination of Turbonomic’s Application Resource Management, SevOne’s leading Network Management Solution, and ParkMyCloud’s best-in-class resource scheduling ensures that Turbonomic is well-positioned to build the future of application performance.
What's In It For You:
We are looking for a Product Designer who is passionate and opinionated about user interface design and experience to create usable, capable, and consumable products. Looking to a senior person to consistently assess, evaluate and question how to make product design and user experience better. We will be focused on building a React based solution that serves to simplify a user’s ability to access, visualize and explore large, complex datasets intuitively creating insight from analysis. We are seeking out a proactive designer who is willing to challenge the status quo. You will use our product set every day and work with customers at huge Fortune 500 companies who leverage our software assure network and application performance every day.
Reporting to the Head of Product Design and User Experience. By joining this team, you will fill a crucial role in the Product – Engineering – Design triad with an opportunity to lead and drive product vision and strategy.
What Will You Bring:
- Working with product management, engineering, and other cross-functional partners to drive design vision and strategy. Help turn business objectives into customer centered solutions and steer team strategy.
- Be hands-on with interaction design, visual design, prototyping and customer research – taking problems from concept to implementation, quickly and iteratively.
- Familiar with technical / UX writing concepts can communicate/articulate designs to stakeholders.
- Licensed to be maniacal about UX. Sweat the details – UI consistency, interactions, and roadmaps/plans.
- Experience in developing high fidelity end to end designs in Figma, creating a cohesive experience, leveraging a centralized design system.
- Familiar with modern Software Development concepts, Jira, Gitlab, etc.
- Set our front-end developers up for success by working through fast iterations to bring features to life.
- Experience with working in cross functional roles with Product Management, Development and QA
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate design value.
- Have worked on remote teams and even though autonomous can self-motivate.
- Use prototyping and usability testing to inform and validate designs.
- Lead and mentor cross-functional teams of product managers, software developers, designers, and researchers to maintain, improve a usable, capable, and consumable experience across SevOne products.
- Own product design at SevOne end-to-end: including new feature discovery via UX research, ideation through every fidelity of UI design and user testing, and validation of high-quality experiences through product testing and QA
- Execute competitive research, trendspotting, and data analysis to inform UX ideation and design.
- Present and articulate design process, inspiration, and decisions to internal stakeholders including C-suite executives.
- Advocate for an amazing user experience for our users by becoming an expert in our products and our customers’ problems.
- Experience with BI, performance analysis and data visualization tooling
- Experience with any network, infrastructure, or application performance tools
- Experience with Network Management Systems (NMS) / Operations Support Systems (OSS)
- Experience working with distributed or remote teams.
- Experience building or implementing complex design systems.
- Practitioner of product-led growth techniques
- Exhausted by buzzwords and jargon sans substance.
- Opinionated and passionate about UX.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage – health is a #1 priority for us, we’ve got you covered.
- Unlimited paid time off – flexibility boosts creativity and performance. Take time off to spend volunteering in your community or recharging - work-life balance is important.
- Pre-tax benefits – medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Access to executives – learn and collaborate with leaders.
- Career advancement – jump in, learn, grow and shape your career
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Employee Resource Groups – POCIT, DevelopHer, Parents at Turbo, Book Club
- Wellness Initiatives - are you competitive? You’ll love the step competition with great prizes! Cooking more your speed? We have web cooking classes! Great wellness initiative running year round
- Wellness Platform that offers allocation of points for different wellness benefits of your choice from the platform
This role will be remote while COVID restrictions are in place. The expectation is to be onsite at our Boston office location once it is deemed safe to do so. When in-person (office) life resumes, we look forward to more social events (think holiday gift exchange, fundraising events, happy hours, celebrations and more!), snacks, catered lunches and team offsites!
Why Choose Turbo:
Turbonomic was recently named to the Inc. 5000 List of fastest growing private companies for the fifth time, and the Forbes Cloud 100 for the fourth time. We have also been named to Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators List, a testament to our people, culture, and technology. To scale our growth, we’ve locked in partnerships with Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, AWS, and DXC.
Our Company Culture:
Our company culture enables a workplace that values trust, transparency, and performance. This is emulated through our employees, who approach each day with a sense of fearlessness, collaboration, and curiosity. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers page, blog, or connect with Turbonomic via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) efforts are a strategic imperative in driving the future of our business. DEI is directly linked to our ability to innovate and collaborate effectively to bring the best products to market. We welcome and embrace diverse thoughts, experiences, and ideas. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to who we are, and we know it has a positive effect on our success. We have committed to two Parity Pledges: One for Women in Leadership Positions; and one in Support of People of Color.
We measure our work culture regularly to ensure that Turbonomic is a place where all our employees are respected and valued for who they are. DEI is not a “special initiative”, but a central element of our strategy.
Across the Turbonomic enterprise we encourage you to bring your uniqueness. Whether it is through our Community Outreach program, joining an Employee Resource Group, or participating in our Sustainability initiatives, if you have a passion for pushing the limit and are eager to make a difference, Turbo is the place for you.
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t check every single one of the boxes listed above!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.