Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
At Turbonomic, we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. We will honor your experiences, perspectives, and exceptional identity. We believe that uniqueness enriches all of us by showing us a range of ways to understand and engage with the world.
Who we are:
We work to deliver best-in-class software so that our customers can assure application performance and empower their people to focus on growing their businesses through innovation. Turbonomic created Application Resource Management (ARM) to assure customers’ application performance by eliminating infrastructure resource congestion across hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
In 2019 Turbonomic acquired SevOne, the leading provider of network management solutions for optimal network visibility and performance (NPM). The combined entity delivers customers better data, analytics, and decisions to comprehensively and continuously assure application performance. The powerful combination of Turbonomic’s Application Resource Management, SevOne’s leading Network Management Solution, and ParkMyCloud’s best-in-class resource scheduling ensures that Turbonomic is well-positioned to build the future of application performance.
What's in it for you:
- This position will allow you to innovate new performance and functional tests for the SevOne NPM products both on the frontend and backend
- An enjoyable collaborative environment that offers evolving opportunities to experience new technologies while ensuring important software quality requirements are met in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Work with a fun, laid back QA team that specialize in all different quality assurance aspects
What you'll be doing:
- Design, develop and execute functional and performance automation scripts using open source tools
- Work closely with Product Management, Development and Architecture to understand and guide product features and testing
- Contributes to the development of new theories and methods for automation in QA
- Leads, attends and participates in various Engineering meetings for the team
- Manages testing environment and test data using various tools such as Jenkins & GIT
- Executes and updates test cases and scenarios
- Performs usability, functional, and regression testing
- Evaluate and test software bug fixes, extensions, and features
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
What you will bring:
At Turbonomic, we are always looking for bright, passionate, and hard-working people who want to grow and develop with the company.
- Ability to work with both web based front end and Linux/SQL back end
- Java / PHP / Bash scripting / Python / Json / YAML experience a must
- Experience with Robot framework
- Jmeter / Gatling / postman experience a must
- Exhibited excellent trouble shooting skills
- Excellent Linux admin level skills
- Strong ability to create/understand MySQL queries
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Demonstrated ability to quickly assess impact of new features on the current architecture
- Strong customer focus to ensure meeting customer requirements
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Solid knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Understanding of load balancers, routers, call manager, switches and knowledge of networking protocols such as routing, DNS, and SNMP a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage – health is a #1 priority for us, we’ve got you covered.
- Unlimited paid time off – flexibility boosts creativity and performance. Take time off to spend volunteering in your community or recharging - work-life balance is important.
- Pre-tax benefits – medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Access to executives – learn and collaborate with leaders.
- Career advancement – jump in, learn, grow and shape your career
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
- Employee Resource Groups – POCIT, DevelopHer, Parents at Turbo, Book Club
- Wellness Initiatives - are you competitive? You’ll love the step competition with great prizes! Cooking more your speed? We have web cooking classes! Great wellness initiative running year round
- Wellness Platform that offers allocation of points for different wellness benefits of your choice from the platform
Why choose Turbo:
Turbonomic was recently named to the Inc. 5000 List of fastest growing private companies for the fifth time, and the Forbes Cloud 100 for the fourth time. We have also been named to Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators List, a testament to our people, culture, and technology. To scale our growth, we’ve locked in partnerships with Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, AWS, and DXC.
Our Company culture:
Our company culture enables a workplace that values trust, transparency, and performance. This is emulated through our employees, who approach each day with a sense of fearlessness, collaboration, and curiosity. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers page, blog, or connect with Turbonomic via LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) efforts are a strategic imperative in driving the future of our business. DEI is directly linked to our ability to innovate and collaborate effectively to bring the best products to market. We welcome and embrace diverse thoughts, experiences, and ideas. Having a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to who we are, and we know it has a positive effect on our success. We have committed to two Parity Pledges: One for Women in Leadership Positions; and one in Support of People of Color.
We measure our work culture regularly to ensure that Turbonomic is a place where all our employees are respected and valued for who they are. DEI is not a “special initiative”, but a central element of our strategy.
Across the Turbonomic enterprise we encourage you to bring your uniqueness. Whether it is through our Community Outreach program, joining an Employee Resource Group, or participating in our Sustainability initiatives, if you have a passion for pushing the limit and are eager to make a difference, Turbo is the place for you.
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t check every single one of the boxes listed above!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.