The Team & Role
SevenRooms is hiring a remote Senior Cloud Engineer to join our Platform Engineering team. We’re looking for an experienced cloud engineer who specializes in self-service infrastructure platforms for application development teams. You will own key initiatives to expand our IaaS/SOA infrastructure offerings as we evolve a PaaS/monolith engineering platform. You will also contribute to broader Platform Engineering projects in developer experience, platform efficiency, large-scale technical debt, security initiatives, and scalability. You will report directly to our team’s VP, Platform Engineering.
SevenRooms was built with the mission of providing hospitality operators with the guest data & tools they need to create meaningful interactions and incredible experiences for their guests. Our Platform Engineering team is dedicated to supporting the SevenRooms business with engineering solutions that unlock leverage at scale for a growing global customer base. We are guided by the following core values that help us stay connected and focused: See Many Things, Adopt Challenges, Be Opinionated, Measure First, Empower Teams and Invest in the Future.
Our tech stack includes: Python, Typescript, ReactJS, Redux, Django, App Engine, Cloud Firestore, Memcached, Cloud Tasks, Firebase, BigQuery, Elasticsearch, and more.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the build out of a modern cloud infrastructure platform with technologies including Terraform, Kubernetes, Linkerd, ArgoCD, Grafana, and more on Google Cloud
- Become an expert in a system-level view of the SevenRooms architecture
- Enable product engineering teams with robust and secure infrastructure components
- Instrument and manage cloud networking infrastructure
- Help shape and define monitoring and reliability excellence within SevenRooms
- Own and implement major architectural changes alongside other engineers
- Be a role model and mentor to other engineers; assist in technical design reviews
Who You Are
- Degree in Computer Science and 4+ years experience building highly-scalable applications
- Hands-on experience supporting infrastructure for multi-region, distributed cloud applications on Google Cloud Platform (preferred) or AWS or Azure
- Well-versed in Terraform and Kubernetes administration
- Familiarity with networking concepts and technologies, such as VPCs, VPNs, DNS, and load balancers
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python (preferred), Bash, or NodeJS
- Preferred but not required:
- Experience with service oriented architectures and event messaging systems
- Knowledge of CIS benchmarks and cloud operations best practices
- Knowledgeable in observability and reliability for distributed cloud systems
- Experience with NoSQL databases and distributed caches
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect to be paid well for your contributions towards transforming the hospitality industry. We also offer equity for all employees as part of our commitment to everyone being an owner and working together to build an outstanding company.
- Comprehensive benefits package: SevenRooms provides access to supplemental medical coverage (inpatient & outpatient), vision care, and dental care.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional quarterly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is a guest experience and retention platform that helps hospitality operators create exceptional experiences that drive revenue and repeat business. Trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the world, SevenRooms powers tens of millions of guest experiences each month across both on- and off-premises. From neighborhood restaurants and bars to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, SevenRooms is transforming the industry by empowering operators to take back control of their businesses to build direct guest relationships, deliver exceptional experiences and drive more visits and orders, more often. The full suite of products includes reservation, waitlist and table management, online ordering, mobile order & pay, review aggregation, email marketing and marketing automation.
Founded in 2011 and venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures, PSG and Highgate, SevenRooms has dining, hotel F&B, nightlife, and entertainment clients in more than 1000 cities worldwide, including: Marriott International, Bloomin’ Brands, MGM Resorts International, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Jumeirah Group, Hilton Hotels, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Harrods, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Mina, José Andrés Group, LDV Hospitality, Union Square Hospitality Group, Australian Venue Company, Altamarea Group, AELTC, The Wolseley Hospitality Group, Zuma, Live Nation and Topgolf.
SevenRooms has been recognized as a top employer for its people-first approach by publications including:
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2023, 2022, 2020)
- Inc. 5000 (2023, 2022)
- Ragan’s Platinum HR Awards Finalist (2022)
- Built in Best Places to Work NYC (2023, 2022, 2021, 2020)
- Built in Best Place to Work NYC - Midsize Companies (2023, 2022)
- VentureFizz Unique PTO (2022)
- Forbes Best Startup Employers (2022)
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, immigration status, or any other classification, category or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/2P6ey4M