The Team & Role
We are looking for a remote Product Designer with a specialized focus on guest and consumer experience who will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing a cohesive experience across our different software solutions. Your work will be rooted in designing features that excite and delight diners as they reserve and book personalized experiences from venues leveraging the SevenRooms platform. You will join a high-performing Design Team and report directly to our Product Design Lead.
Guest Experience (or GX for short) is a team specifically focused on - you guessed it - the guest experience. This consumer and internal user-facing team builds next-generation booking, ordering, and event reservation experiences. Leveraging all the power and customizability of the SevenRooms platform, this fun and ambitious team is looking for a user-focused, data-driven designer looking to innovate in the most visible aspect of our product, owning an entire user experience from end to end.
Product Designers at SevenRooms operate in a shared team, working alongside tenured team members with varied skill sets. We’ve built our product team with the most creative, driven, and passionate entrepreneurs and foodies we could find. This small but mighty team is incredibly collaborative while having the independence to find their niche and have a large impact. We are the bridge between our clients and our platform, and we absolutely love what we do (and we love doing it together).
What You’ll Do
- User Experience Design: Conceptualize and design end-to-end user flows that minimize friction and accomplish goals for restaurant operators, allowing user needs and pain points to inform innovative design solutions.
- UI and Visual Design: Design beautiful, modern, and functional high-fidelity interfaces that hold their own alongside the best digital consumer products in the market and can be subtly customized to allow customer branding. Own a set of reusable design patterns specifically for SevenRooms' consumer-facing products.
- UX Research and Usability Testing: Lead design and product management teams in discovery research to identify users' needs, goals, and pain points; Conduct frequent usability tests on flows for constant iteration.
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with the Product Design Team to review and hone your designs regularly and help others hone theirs. Collaborate with product management to align on outcomes and user needs and visualize guest experience innovations.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of product design experience at a B2B or B2B2C SaaS company
- Experience designing successful consumer-facing product features, end-to-end
- iOS or mobile design experience a plus
- Ability to translate user needs, goals, and pain points into highly functional designs
- A keen eye for visual detail, layout, hierarchy, typography, and animation
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement
- An open mind & flexibility around testing new approaches and the ability to harness failures and turn them into wins
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS fundamentals and can communicate with engineers to ensure designs are correctly implemented.
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- The salary range for this role is $120,000.00-$130,000.00. This is the range SevenRooms in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed remotely in any US state. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional monthly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is a guest experience and retention platform that helps hospitality operators create exceptional experiences that drive revenue and repeat business. Trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the world, SevenRooms powers tens of millions of guest experiences each month across both on- and off-premises. From neighborhood restaurants and bars to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, SevenRooms is transforming the industry by empowering operators to take back control of their businesses to build direct guest relationships, deliver exceptional experiences and drive more visits and orders, more often. The full suite of products includes reservation, waitlist and table management, online ordering, mobile order & pay, review aggregation, email marketing and marketing automation.
Founded in 2011 and venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures, PSG and Highgate, SevenRooms has dining, hotel F&B, nightlife, and entertainment clients in more than 1000 cities worldwide, including: Marriott International, Bloomin’ Brands, MGM Resorts International, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Jumeirah Group, Hilton Hotels, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Harrods, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Mina, José Andrés Group, LDV Hospitality, Union Square Hospitality Group, Australian Venue Company, Altamarea Group, AELTC, The Wolseley Hospitality Group, Zuma, Live Nation and Topgolf.
SevenRooms has been recognized as a top employer for its people-first approach by publications including:
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2023, 2022, 2020)
- Inc. 5000 (2023, 2022)
- Ragan’s Platinum HR Awards Finalist (2022)
- Built in Best Places to Work NYC (2023, 2022, 2021, 2020)
- Built in Best Place to Work NYC - Midsize Companies (2023, 2022)
- VentureFizz Unique PTO (2022)
- Forbes Best Startup Employers (2022)
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, immigration status, or any other classification, category or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/2P6ey4M