The Team & Role
We are looking for an ambitious early career IT Engineer to join our fast-paced and dynamic team. This is a generalist role responsible for delivering exceptional IT support while also building and implementing the tools needed for us to scale. You’ll be based out of our London office but will have the option to work from home one or two days a week. This position reports to our Senior Manager of Information Technology within the Engineering Department.
The mission of the SevenRooms IT team is to provide world-class IT service to a globally distributed, remote workforce with office hubs in New York, London, and Australia. We believe in automation, asynchronous self-service over hand-holding, and a generative team culture. We are a passionate group of empathetic builders, critical thinkers, and friendly humans ready to help the business succeed.
Our tech stack includes: Okta, Google Workspaces, Slack, Atlassian, 1Password, macOS, Kandji, and more.
What You'll Do
- Resolve technical IT support issues for Roomies around the world
- Reliably execute onboarding and offboarding tasks including IT orientation
- Routinely contribute to our internal knowledge base and documentation
- System administration of our IT SaaS tools
- Build automation to make IT processes repeatable, scalable, and secure
- Participate in the team’s after-hours on-call schedule
- Own the onsite IT experience in our London office including A/V support, networking, and inventory management
Who You Are
- Able to work out of our London office at least 3 days a week
- Working knowledge of A/V conferencing systems
- 3+ years of general IT experience
- Hands-on experience with Google Workspace and Okta management
- Experience troubleshooting macOS, iOS, & Windows devices, managed by MDM
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
- Passion for learning and team first mindset
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Preferred but not required:
- Previous work experience at a startup or other fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience with our tech stack
- Prior success building employee lifecycle management automation using Okta Workflows
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Powershell, Python, etc)
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect to be paid well for your contributions towards transforming the hospitality industry. We also offer equity for all employees as part of our commitment to everyone being an owner and working together to build an outstanding company.
- Comprehensive benefits package: SevenRooms provides access to private medical coverage, life insurance, and income protection.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional quarterly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is a guest experience and retention platform that helps hospitality operators create exceptional experiences that drive revenue and repeat business. Trusted by thousands of hospitality operators around the world, SevenRooms powers tens of millions of guest experiences each month across both on- and off-premises. From neighborhood restaurants and bars to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, SevenRooms is transforming the industry by empowering operators to take back control of their businesses to build direct guest relationships, deliver exceptional experiences and drive more visits and orders, more often. The full suite of products includes reservation, waitlist and table management, online ordering, mobile order & pay, review aggregation, email marketing and marketing automation.
Founded in 2011 and venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures, PSG and Highgate, SevenRooms has dining, hotel F&B, nightlife, and entertainment clients in more than 1000 cities worldwide, including: Marriott International, Bloomin’ Brands, MGM Resorts International, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Jumeirah Group, Hilton Hotels, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Harrods, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Mina, José Andrés Group, LDV Hospitality, Union Square Hospitality Group, Australian Venue Company, Altamarea Group, AELTC, The Wolseley Hospitality Group, Zuma, Live Nation and Topgolf.
SevenRooms has been recognized as a top employer for its people-first approach by publications including:
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2023, 2022, 2020)
- Inc. 5000 (2023, 2022)
- Ragan’s Platinum HR Awards Finalist (2022)
- Built in Best Places to Work NYC (2023, 2022, 2021, 2020)
- Built in Best Place to Work NYC - Midsize Companies (2023, 2022)
- VentureFizz Unique PTO (2022)
- Forbes Best Startup Employers (2022)
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (physical or mental), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, immigration status, or any other classification, category or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/2P6ey4M