Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
SevenRooms is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to join our Customer Experience squad. We’re looking for an experienced Fullstack developer who specializes in Python and Reactjs and is excited to engineer highly performant, mission-critical systems that are designed for agile development and rapid scaling. As a member of our Customer Experience team, you will partner with other engineers, product managers and designers who are dedicated to engineering real client-facing solutions that provide a seamless, intuitive and unified experience for our customers to manage their business relationship with SevenRooms. You will report directly to our Customer Experience team’s Engineering Manager.
The 7R Technology organization is committed to building products that help restaurants create magical experiences every day. We are a small, but rapidly growing team of engineers, scientists and builders who are on a mission to fundamentally transform the hospitality industry. Our engineers are guided by the following core values that help us stay connected and shipping often: Ownership, Customer Obsession, Collaborate & Be Transparent, Measure & Monitor, Be Creative and finally Be Yourself.
Our tech stack includes: Python, Typescript, ReactJS, Redux, Django, App Engine, Cloud Firestore, Memcache, Cloud Tasks, Firebase, BigQuery, Elasticsearch, and more
What You’ll Do
- Engineering: Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software with a strong focus on customer-facing features
- Product Focus: Be the technical owner of features, from design to implementation to ongoing support
- Project Management: Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, code quality and deliverables; Participate in occasional on-call duties to keep software systems up and running
Who You Are
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent professional experience
- Experience developing web applications
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with Python and Reactjs is required
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You'll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect to be paid well for your contributions towards transforming the hospitality industry. We also offer equity for all employees as part of our commitment to everyone being an owner and working together to build an outstanding company.
- The salary range for this role is $175,000-$195,000. This is the range SevenRooms in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed remotely in any US state. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, life insurance, and unique wellness offerings including One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie's Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You'll receive an additional quarterly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you're a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly goals that not only benefit our organization but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is a guest experience and retention platform that helps hospitality operators unlock the full revenue potential of their data. From neighborhood restaurants and bars to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, the end-to-end platform enables operators to build direct guest relationships, deliver exceptional experiences and bring more guests back, more often. The full suite of products includes reservation, waitlist and table management, online ordering, mobile order & pay, review aggregation, and marketing automation. SevenRooms empowers operators to own, analyze and optimize every step of the guest journey, enabling a more data-driven approach to hospitality.
Founded in 2011 and venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures, PSG and Highgate, SevenRooms has dining, hotel F&B, nightlife, sporting and entertainment clients in more than 250 cities worldwide, including: Bloomin’ Brands, MGM Resorts International, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Jumeirah Group, Hilton Hotels, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Harrods, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Mina, sbe, LDV Hospitality, Bagatelle, Altamarea Group, AELTC (Wimbledon), Giordano’s, D&D London, The Wolseley Hospitality Group, Zuma, Live Nation and Topgolf.
SevenRooms has been recognized as a top employer for its people-first approach by publications including:
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022, 2020)
- Inc. 5000 (2022)
- Ragan’s Platinum HR Awards Finalist (2022)
- Built in Best Places to Work NYC (2022, 2021, 2020)
- Built in Best Place to Work NYC - Midsize Companies (2022)
- VentureFizz Unique PTO (2022)
- Forbes Best Startup Employers (2022)
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/2P6ey4M