Through meaningful experiences and innovative technology solutions, SevenRooms is on a mission to transform the hospitality industry. We built a platform that delivers the ingredients for hospitality owners to be able to provide guests with extraordinary moments.
Our mission matters now, more than ever. Our guest experience and retention platform empowers restaurant and hospitality operators around the world to take back control of their business, deliver on world-class guest experiences, and revitalize their business to grow even stronger from where they were before the pandemic. We believe our technology delivers solutions that operators need to restore and enhance their businesses, while also rebuilding the communities where people live and work.
We invite you to take a seat at the table, share your voice and perspective, and contribute as an owner to help us grow further than we have ever imagined. We are currently accepting candidate applications to work from anywhere in the world where we have business operations.
The Team & Role
We are looking for a Product Leader to help us build out our Payments solutions here at SevenRooms. This role will be responsible for developing a strategy around Payments to meet market demand in a new way via a Payments offering. Your work will be rooted in building a solution that brings value to our global restaurant and partner stakeholders. You would learn and advise our team on working with existing payment partners and chart a path forward with product, operations, partnerships cross-functionally for a potential new offering. You will be joining a 10 person Product team, working with a staffed engineering squad, and report directly to our VP of Product.
We've built our product team up with the most creative, passionate entrepreneurs and hospitality-oriented people we could find. This small but mighty team is incredibly collaborative, while having the independence to find their niche and have a large impact while doing so. We are the bridge between our clients and our platform and we absolutely love what we do (and we love doing it together).
What You'll Do
- Product Management: Define business and product requirements for Payment gateways and solutions; Lead cross-functional teams to execute on product plans and to deliver results; Function as the Product Owner of a development team to define, deliver, build and iterate on capabilities.
- Project Management: Anticipate bottlenecks, provide support for escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints that meets and hopefully exceeds partner expectations. Get in front of stakeholders to prioritize and execute on key functionality.
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with stakeholders throughout SevenRooms to obtain buy-in for product initiatives and to set expectations. For this role serving stakeholders across Finance and Operations specifically will be critical.
- Payments Product Ownership: Research, analyze, and interview customers to understand their requirements, operational needs, competitive offerings, and desires for generating additional revenue for their restaurant through payment related activities. Compare those requests against market trends and technical capacity to prioritize a holistic Payments vision while support smaller iterative payments improvements with our existing gateways.
Who You Are
- 4+ years of product management experience; 6+ years of B2C or B2B SaaS Payments or related experience required
- Experience working with executive-level stakeholders and/or clients, including expectation setting, discovery and collaboration, and successful delivery of offerings
- Track record of shipping successful Payment related products, including defining vision, strategy, outcome-driven product roadmaps and creating and managing backlogs
- Ability to quickly understand a specific client domain and identify the trends and opportunities in that space
- Curiosity to dig several layers deep into solutions with an eye toward continuous improvement and creative thinking
- Experience building solutions with transaction revenue or knowledge of pricing on transactions in general. Experience and working knowledge of payment players, ecosystem, incentives, and foundational systems.
- Experience working in Hospitality and knowledge of restaurant and hotel operators preferred but not required
- An open mind & flexibility around testing new approaches and the ability to harness failures and turn them into wins
What We Offer
- A fresh start with a flexible and independent working schedule: SevenRooms provides all employees with their first two (2) weeks of employment as paid time off to relax and recharge before starting their journey with us. You’ll also have access to unlimited paid time off, including tenure-based PTO minimums, paid parental leave, and the option to work anywhere at any time.
- Fair and equitable compensation: Our compensation packages are competitive based on external market data. At SevenRooms, you can expect fair pay for your hard work and dedication to helping us transform the hospitality industry. In addition, we also offer equity in our growing organization.
- The salary range for this role is $190,000 - $200,000. This is the range SevenRooms in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of the posting. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed remotely in any US state. Base pay offered may vary depending on, but not limited to education, experience, skills, geographic location, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business needs. This range may be modified in the future. This job is also bonus eligible. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable.
- Comprehensive benefits package: We offer a full slate of benefits for our employees and their families: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, commuter benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K plan, and unique wellness offerings that include One Medical, Spring Health, Carrot, and Headspace.
- Employee programs and recognition: Through our Roomie’s Choice program, all employees at SevenRooms receive a monthly stipend to spend however they see fit. You’ll receive an additional monthly dining credit to use towards SevenRooms clients and a unique milestone reward for every year you’re a part of our team.
- Opportunities for training and professional development: Your manager will partner with you on establishing quarterly objectives that not only benefit the company but aid in your overall career development and advancement. SevenRooms also provides financial support for continuing education, certifications, or participation in external training programs.
SevenRooms is a guest experience and retention platform that helps hospitality operators unlock the full revenue potential of their data. From neighborhood restaurants and bars to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, the end-to-end platform enables operators to build direct guest relationships, deliver exceptional experiences and bring more guests back, more often. The full suite of products includes reservation, waitlist and table management, online ordering, mobile order & pay, review aggregation, and marketing automation. SevenRooms empowers operators to own, analyze and optimize every step of the guest journey, enabling a more data-driven approach to hospitality.
Founded in 2011 and venture-backed by Amazon, Comcast Ventures, PSG and Highgate, SevenRooms has dining, hotel F&B, nightlife, sporting and entertainment clients in more than 250 cities worldwide, including: Bloomin’ Brands, MGM Resorts International, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Jumeirah Group, Hilton Hotels, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Harrods, Wolfgang Puck, Michael Mina, sbe, LDV Hospitality, Bagatelle, Altamarea Group, AELTC (Wimbledon), Giordano’s, D&D London, The Wolseley Hospitality Group, Zuma, Live Nation and Topgolf.
SevenRooms has been recognized as a top employer for its people-first approach by publications including:
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022, 2020)
- Inc. 5000 (2022)
- Ragan’s Platinum HR Awards Finalist (2022)
- Built in Best Places to Work NYC (2022, 2021, 2020)
- Built in Best Place to Work NYC - Midsize Companies (2022)
- VentureFizz Unique PTO (2022)
- Forbes Best Startup Employers (2022)
SevenRooms is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We understand the importance of creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and celebrate our employees for their differences.
View our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice by visiting https://bit.ly/2P6ey4M