About the Role
SevenRooms is looking for an Accounting Manager to provide management of daily accounting processes and financial reporting. The ideal candidate is well organized, possesses a strong attention to detail, and can thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You should be a self-starter, comfortable with owning projects from start to finish and proactively providing insights to our Finance and Leadership teams.
What You'll Do
- Manage monthly close processes, including but not limited to general ledger review, journal entry review, and analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Evaluate new and existing customer contracts for proper ASC 606 treatment
- Develop and maintain technical accounting policies and memos
- Own expense reimbursement and commission process
- Manage external accountants for audit and tax
- Implement process and system improvements where necessary
- Help manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting package, including financial statements, KPIs, and metric dashboards
- Assist in maintaining company financial and expense policies
- Create investor & Board of Director presentations
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and a CPA required
- At least 4-6 years of related work experience
- Public accounting audit experience strongly preferred
- Technical understanding of accounting principles and GAAP
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve desired company results
- Proficient in Netsuite, Microsoft Excel (including vlookups and pivot tables), Word, and PowerPoint
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries and flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited Vacation. We trust you to take the time you need to be your most productive self.
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, and pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements, and unique memberships through One Medical and Perkspot
- A fun, vibrant office environment in Chelsea with a smart and passionate team doing incredible things to disrupt the tech and hospitality space. Plus we're dog-friendly (woof!).
We believe that when insight and instinct combine, people and businesses thrive.
At SevenRooms, we're on a mission to help hospitality operators own direct relationships with their guests, building stronger businesses through personalized service and marketing. Our clients are some of the largest, most reputable restaurant, nightlife, hotel, and concierge brands in the world. We provide these companies with mission-critical tools to run their business and manage millions of visits at their properties.
A career at SevenRooms means you'll be working alongside incredibly talented professionals with a passion for hospitality. We believe deeply in the power of meaningful connections, and it shows in the products we build and the people we hire.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.