About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing intern to join our team help our team across a wide range of marketing activities including product marketing, lead generation and social media initiatives. As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing team on all stages of campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
This is a hands-on role and you’ll gain lots of practical real-world exposure and it will help you be prepared to enter any fast-paced work environment.
What You'll Do
- Support ongoing SEO and SEM client and company projects, as needed
- Assist in initiatives that will help grow company brand awareness
- Support managers in preparing marketing materials including reports, decks, presentations, etc
- Assist in updating our Salesforce database for ongoing projects and initiatives
- Author and edit engaging content, marketing communications, PR pitches or press releases and social media posts
- Assist in developing email marketing campaigns for high-value partners, clients and prospects
- Help Manager coordinate in-house, partnered and/or sponsored events and conferences
- Conduct competitive analysis and research on industry trends across dining, nightlife and hospitality, proactively sharing with the team, as needed
- Other ad-hoc tasks as necessary, including list building, admin and ordering of collateral, etc.
Who You Are
- Marketing, Hospitality, Communications or Public Relations major preferred
- Proactive attitude and willingness to grow within a professional startup setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (particularly Excel/PowerPoint)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic HTML skills preferred
- An eye for creative and a willingness to learn basic design software such as Canva or Sketch
- Previous experience working with Salesforce and/or Marketo a plus
What We Offer
- Immediate start date, 3-6 month internship; can be renewed upon approval
- Ability to work a minimum of 12-20 hours per week from our office in New York
- Competitive hourly salary
- A fun, vibrant office environment in Chelsea with a smart and passionate team doing incredible things to disrupt the tech and hospitality space
We believe that when insight and instinct combine, people and businesses thrive.
At SevenRooms, we're on a mission to help hospitality operators own direct relationships with their guests, building stronger businesses through personalized service and marketing. Our clients are some of the largest, most reputable restaurant, nightlife, hotel and concierge brands in the world. We provide these companies with mission-critical tools to run their business and manage millions of visits at their properties.
A career at SevenRooms means you'll be working alongside incredibly talented professionals with a passion for hospitality. We believe deeply in the power of meaningful connections, and it shows in the products we build and the people we hire.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.