About the Role
SevenRooms is looking for a Senior Manager, Accounting & Finance to assist in executing the company's financial operations. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the right candidate will bring best practices and solid hands-on skills in strategic planning and analysis, accounting operations, and financial management, but most importantly, will take an active role in assisting with the daily growth of our company. We are looking for a someone who is comfortable in a scaling startup environment and will work with all departments to assist in driving results.
What You'll Do
- Assist in managing the accounting function of the company, including accounts payable, accounts receivable / collections process, asset management and leading the month end close process
- Be the right hand to the Director of Finance with other responsibilities including participation and management of special projects, system implementation, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses as requested
- Work closely with sales teams to ensure revenue and billing is calculated and recorded according to contract terms, including performing detailed reviews and account analysis of all related revenue and receivables to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Responsible for the reconciliation, analysis and problem solving for some of the more complicated processes and accounts
- Assist and prepare schedules to be used in monthly budgeting and forecasting
- Assist in creating and implementing best-in-class practices by helping streamline processes, leveraging systems and identifying further process automation opportunities, including implementations of new accounting and financial systems
- Assist in ensuring company is compliant with financial reporting requirements by developing proper accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure accurate and thorough documentation in accordance with GAAP
- Support corporate finance activities, including venture capital fundraising
- Assist with year-end financial statement audits and tax filings. Includes financial statements preparation, account analysis, reconciliations, and timely responses to auditor questions and requests.
- Be a key liaison to other departments to support and enable reporting, distribution of data, and analysis of key business metrics
- Assist in managing relationships with company’s accounting, finance, banking, and insurance vendors; assist with managing relationships with IT, PEO, and facilities management as needed
- Manage your own time, stay on top of things, show your work, and keep it organized and logical.
- Ability to independently work effectively as part of a growing team
- Motivated, positive, proactive, transparent, with a work hard-play hard attitude
- Team player with the ability to multitask, keep calm under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and take on any task to get the job done.
- Have fun and be cool
Who You Are
We’re looking for a creative candidate with excellent communications skills and the ability to roll up their sleeves and join a quickly moving, collaborative team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- 5+ years of progressive experience, with 1-2 years of prior public auditing experience at a Big 4 Firm
- Experience in working at a high growth venture-backed startup preferred
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including the ability to develop concise and well-organized summaries of complex analyses, with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience and proficiency in working with various SaaS systems (e.g. Quickbooks, Zuora, Bill.com, Expensify, Google docs, etc.)
- Experience in implementation of financial systems a plus
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries and flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited Vacation. We trust you to take the time you need to be your most productive self.
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, and pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements, and unique memberships through One Medical and Perkspot
- A fun, vibrant office environment in Chelsea with a smart and passionate team doing incredible things to disrupt the tech and hospitality space. Plus we're dog-friendly (woof!).
We believe that when insight and instinct combine, people and businesses thrive.
At SevenRooms, we're on a mission to help hospitality operators own direct relationships with their guests, building stronger businesses through personalized service and marketing. Our clients are some of the largest, most reputable restaurant, nightlife, hotel and concierge brands in the world. We provide these companies with mission-critical tools to run their business and manage millions of visits at their properties.
A career at SevenRooms means you'll be working alongside incredibly talented professionals with a passion for hospitality. We believe deeply in the power of meaningful connections, and it shows in the products we build and the people we hire.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.