From neighborhood restaurants to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, SevenRooms empowers operators to create and cultivate a direct relationship with guests to enable exceptional experiences. By leveraging data from dozens of external and internal sources with our proprietary algorithms, our software enables hospitality operators to understand their customers, market to them and efficiently provide world-class experiences.
About the Role
Our Product team is seeking a UI/UX Designer to craft and deliver extraordinary experiences to our customers. You will work closely with our world-class team of engineers, product managers and designers, learning about our product, mobile and cloud technology stack, agile software development process, and crafting features that ship directly to our customers. This role will report into the VP of Product.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholder to conceptualize new product features for our award winning mobile and web products
- Design and deliver wireframes, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Transform complicated processes and concepts into simple, intuitive user flows and interfaces.
- Execute final, “pixel perfect” UI designs and package, spec, and prep for engineering.
- Maintain visual guidelines to ensure consistent representation of the SevenRooms brand throughout the product.
- Provide insightful feedback and use your experience to improve the quality of the product and reduce the complexity of the user interface.
Craft lots of explorations, rapid prototypes, and concepts that show the breadth of your thinking. Build positive relationships with everyone and spend time working directly with them. Develop deep understanding of our customer base. Eliminate confusion and get to the bottom of issues quickly while raising concerns appropriately. Lead your own time, stay on top of things, show your work, and keep it organized and logical. Be there from start to finish and make sure your partners have what they need when they need it. Be calm and professional under pressure. Have composure and decorum when needed. Be a diplomat for the design team when our point of view is the key to customer success. Have fun and be cool.
Who You Are
- 3-5 years of software UI/UX design experience; B2B and/or SaaS experience preferred
- Advanced degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Experience designing web-based, responsive interfaces, as well as native mobile interfaces for both iOS and Android
- While not a coding role, we expect a familiarly with HTML, CSS, etc.
- Experience working on a high-performing, collaborative team in a complex and ambiguous environment
- Deep understanding of the tools of the trade (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, prototyping tools).
- Experience working across complex user flows with differentiating user roles and permissions
- Experience, understanding, flexibility, and vocabulary necessary to work with engineers, business, researchers, executives and other key partner roles.
- Crystal clear and concise verbal and written communication
- You will be asked to submit an online portfolio along with your resume for further consideration. Your portfolio tells thoughtful and alluring stories about experiences you created for large scale B2B web, web app, and iOS apps for leading brands.
- You should be prepared to present to a cross-functional panel as part of the interview process.
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries and flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited Vacation. We trust you to take the time you need to be your most productive self.
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, and pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements, and unique memberships through One Medical and Perkspot
- 401k plan
- A fun, vibrant office environment in Chelsea with a smart and passionate team doing incredible things to disrupt the hospitality tech space. Plus we're dog-friendly (woof!).
We believe that when insight and instinct combine, people and businesses thrive.
At SevenRooms, we're on a mission to help hospitality operators own direct relationships with their guests, building stronger businesses through personalized service and marketing. Our clients are some of the largest, most reputable restaurant, nightlife, hotel and concierge brands in the world. We provide these companies with mission-critical tools to run their business and manage millions of visits at their properties.
A career at SevenRooms means you'll be working alongside incredibly talented professionals with a passion for hospitality. We believe deeply in the power of meaningful connections, and it shows in the products we build and the people we hire.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.