From neighborhood restaurants to international, multi-concept hospitality groups, SevenRooms empowers operators to create and cultivate a direct relationship with guests to enable exceptional experiences. By leveraging data from dozens of external and internal sources with our proprietary algorithms, our software enables hospitality operators to understand their customers, market to them and efficiently provide world-class experiences.
As the business grows post-series A, we are are looking for top-tier, mid-to-senior level, “T-Shaped” engineers. Our team consists of a mixture of proven engineers from Amazon/AWS, Goldman Sachs, OKCupid, Seamless/Grubhub and ExxonMobil research as well as top-of-the-class junior engineers from Columbia, UPenn and NYU.
About the Role
SevenRooms Engineering is seeking smart and highly productive engineers to support the company’s rapid growth. You will work closely with our world-class team of engineers, product managers and designers, learning about our product, mobile and cloud technology stack, agile software development process, and implementing real features that ship directly to our customers. We are a pragmatic technical team with a culture of shipping high-quality, extensible code that focuses on delivering value to the customer. We believe in using the right tools for the job and maintaining simplicity in our design. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with very talented people, SevenRooms Engineering may be a good fit for you!
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software with a strong focus on customer-facing features
- Be the technical owner of features, from design to implementation to ongoing support
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, code quality and deliverables
- Participate in occasional on-call duties to keep software systems up and running
Who You Are
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- 5-7+ years of relevant work experience in software development
- Prior success and work experience in a self-starting startup, tech and/or SaaS environment
- Experience using Google Cloud and/or App Engine
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries and flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited Vacation. We trust you to take the time you need to be your most productive self.
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, and pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements, and unique memberships through One Medical and Perkspot
- A fun, vibrant office environment in Chelsea with a smart and passionate team doing incredible things to disrupt the hospitality tech space. Plus we're dog-friendly (woof!).
We believe that when insight and instinct combine, people and businesses thrive.
At SevenRooms, we're on a mission to help hospitality operators own direct relationships with their guests, building stronger businesses through personalized service and marketing. Our clients are some of the largest, most reputable restaurant, nightlife, hotel and concierge brands in the world. We provide these companies with mission-critical tools to run their business and manage millions of visits at their properties.
A career at SevenRooms means you'll be working alongside incredibly talented professionals with a passion for hospitality. We believe deeply in the power of meaningful connections, and it shows in the products we build and the people we hire.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.