SevenFifty is on a mission to connect all the pieces of the beverage alcohol trade through data and help our customers embrace innovation. We're looking for a junior engineer to join our fully-remote team and help build out our point-of-sale integration pipeline and onboard retail customers onto our platform. You can be located anywhere in the United States.
Read more below.
We're looking for a junior developer to join our 20+ person engineering team to help build integrations and onboard retail customers . We offer different tools tailored to retailers, distributors, brands and importers that are all powered by the core SevenFifty data platform -- a set of internal apps that enable data processing, normalization, and triaging & resolution of issues.
Our primary tech stack is Ruby-on-Rails apps, with a combination of classic server-rendered views and React components. Our B2B platform and internal web apps are hosted on Heroku and background workers run in EC2. Our newer customer-facing retailer web apps are built on containerized C#/.NET services. We use Postgres on Amazon RDS, Solr, Algolia and Elasticsearch for search, and RabbitMQ for queuing.
SevenFifty transitioned to being fully geo-distributed in 2019, and we communicate primarily using Slack, Zoom, and GitHub.
If you are uncertain whether you are qualified, especially if you are a woman, trans, gender-diverse, or of an under-represented minority, please apply! We would much prefer to have an extra application to consider, rather than that you screen yourself out.
Our salary range for this position is $85k to $105k.
What you’ll do:
- Create, improve and adapt our data integrations with new and existing retail customers.
- Implement data pipelines for point-of-sale software in our Ruby ETL (extract-transform-load) framework.
- Help modernize legacy integrations and adapt them onto our Ruby/Rails stack.
- Work closely with the engineering team to enhance our data infrastructure.
- Collaborate with stakeholders outside the engineering team.
Technologies you’ll work with:
- Ruby, SQL, and unix in our data pipelines
- Rails and C#/.NET in our web applications
- Heroku and AWS for hosting
- GitHub, CircleCI, JIRA, Pivotal Tracker for workflow management and deployment
What you need:
- Familiarity with software development concepts, via schooling, bootcamp or 1-2 years of experience.
- An interest in data processing, modeling and architecture
- A collaborative and iterative approach to development
- Clear and concise written communication abilities
What you do not need:
- A college degree
- A high GPA or SAT score
- An address in or around New York City
- Experience in the beverage industry
- To drink – many of our colleagues don’t
...90-ish people and growing fast.
...doing our best to make a difference. Read more here.
...former hospitality professionals and start-up veterans.
...distributed; we work remotely and gather together a few times each year.
...social! We meet for team weeks, wine tastings, and lunch n’ learn sessions.
...eaters and drinkers who love to discuss food and beverage.
...changing an industry. Read more here.
...one of Built In NY’s “Best Places to Work” 2021!
...thrilled to have secured $23M in Series B funding!
Find out what it's like to work at SevenFifty here.
Perks & benefits:
- 100% paid Aetna medical, dental, and vision coverage for individuals.
- Justworks benefits package including Talkspace, OneMedical subscription, Kindbody and Health Advocate.
- Unlimited vacation to rest and recover.
- Flex time outside of our team's core working hours (11a-4p Eastern)
- Meaningful equity in an industry-changing organization.
- Learning opportunities (like a professional certification from WSET)
- 3 months of paid parental leave after your first 12 months.
- Light the way: Inspire others with your vision for success.
- Open the door: Ask, listen, and empower others.
- Stir it up: Embrace experimentation and bring new ideas to life.
- Keep the glass full: Do more than is expected, for yourself and for others.
- Respect the craft: Commit to excellence and integrity in your work.
We are an equal opportunity employer. What does that mean at SevenFifty? We:
- Give each team member an equal opportunity to develop and grow into a leadership role.
- Acknowledge our shortcomings and try to do improve our company and our industry.
- Elevate BIPOC voices in our industry publication, SevenFifty Daily.
- Do not discriminate against candidates or employees on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or socioeconomic status.
- Have regular, sometimes awkward, conversations about diversity, equity, and inclusion in our employee resource group, SevenFifty Community.
- Are honest and recognize that our company isn’t as diverse as it should be. We’re trying to change that.