Seven Eight Capital is a profitable and growing quantitative statistical arbitrage hedge fund in NYC. We take a scientific approach to applying the latest research, made possible with top-notch technology and years of market experience, to produce superior returns.
We are a hedge fund built on technology; over 90% of our employees write code on a daily basis. Producing cutting-edge trading infrastructure and algorithms requires a tightly integrated team where researchers need to understand code, software engineers need to understand models, and day to day business operations need to be organized.
The business operations team covers recruiting, HR, business management/project management, hedge fund operations and accounting. As an Associate, you will have the unique opportunity to learn and grow across a wide range of business operations projects including recruiting, event planning and administrative management. We are a rapidly growing firm and are looking for someone who is ready to make a big difference in that growth.
This role requires a cover letter or writing sample.
- Work on campus recruiting, sourcing, and interviewing
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Facilitate onboarding and new hire orientation
- Contribute to external marketing and branding (website/social media)
- Plan and organize team social events
- Organizing the corporate environment with an archivist's eye
- Analyzing, documenting and recognizing current processes across the organization
- Perform business analysis and project management functions across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record from a well-regarded institution
- Exceptionally strong analytical / conceptual problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work within a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Demonstrated ability to accept feedback, fail, and learn from mistakes
- Ability and interest to learn on-the-fly
- Collaboration first attitude, putting the team and company goals above individual acknowledgement
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience with ATS such as Greenhouse (a plus)
- 1-3 years of experience in office management or quant recruitment (a plus)
- Core Benefits: Medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match
- Time Off: Generous vacation and work from home policy (post COVID)
- Team Culture: Team lunches, events and trips, fun company swag
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.